Scans at this time...

LauraLem

Reaction score
Hi all

I wondered what's been your experience of scans amidst Covid-19 in your area? Have they allowed your partner in with you? I'm going for a private 8 week scan next week and they've said no partners which I was okay with. Then it dawned on me that at this rate all our appointments and scans will just be me on my own which would be such a shame!

I know it's not a big worry at the moment but I would so love my husband there for the 20 week which would be August in case we could find out the baby's sex...

Hey lovely, in my area the letter I got is saying to come alone at the moment for the 12 week which is June, not sure about late if that would change by August.

My first scan was in February so my partner was allowed to come with me. Every scan since has been on my own though. They did let me film two little clips at my last appointment which was nice though.

Last edited:
I had a private scan nearly four weeks ago and my husband was allowed to be there. We’ve yet to be told about our twelve week scan despite me trying to get in contact to ask. Two weeks to go!

I had my 12 week scan yesterday my other half was not allowed to come and made to wear a mask while there. My midwife appointment at 8 weeks was over the phone and I have a consultant appointment over video chat on Monday. The hospital also informed me my 15/16 week appointment with midwife will be over the phone.

Oh yeah I forgot the midwife appointments. One was over the phone but the other was in person so she could take my blood and give me my notes etc. From what I’ve been told, the rest of my appointments are in person.

It really does seem to vary from county to county.

Hubby wasn't allowed at my 12wk scan and I don't think he will be allowed at my 20wk scan in 2 weeks either. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back