Scan results, any advise please

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
Had my anomality scan at 21+1 weeks this week and sonographer said all within normal range and that I might have a smaller baby since I am quite petit.

Just checked my notes and what's really sticking out is the Femur Lengths.

FL=32mm
Head Circumference = 186.2mm
Abdominal Circumference = 152.8mm

The FL is almost at the 5th percentile and the rest normal or slightly larger! Has anyone experience this and should I be worried? I do not get any more scans in my pregnancy but perhaps I should check so baby growth correctly.

xx

If the sonographer said everything is normal I wouldn't worry. Speak to your midwife for reassurance if you need it though xx

My scan was at 20+1 and these were my measurements: (around 5th centile for AC but 50th for others)
FL = 31.9mm (61)
HC = 178.2mm (58)
AC = 136.9mm (<1)

2nd baby 20+6wks (around 10th centile for HC but 50th for others)
FL = 34mm (50)
HC = 172mm (16)
AC = 155mm (34)

1st baby 19+4wks (all around 25th centile)
FL = 29.6mm (32)
HC = 165.4mm (26)
AC = 133.8mm (<1)

I'm sure all is OK and they would have rescanned if worried. They did redo my 2nd's HC but that wasn't the reason for the rescan, it was to check the heart and they just double checked as a trainee took the original measurements and he still ensured small on HC. It is so easy to be out by a mm from measuring xx

Thanks! Perhaps since the baby was breech it makes it more difficult to measure exactly? I try to find out the percentile exactly.. I was 21+1 and FL was 32mm, do you know which percentile this is?

xx

Just found this website and you can enter your gestation and then the FL and for you it gives: 25th for FL
48th for HC
27th for AC

So I wouldn't worry. I just guessed mine from the little graphs next to the measurements. Edited my first post with what that website estimated xx
200d015f4b6b1743908ce769b1c887df.jpg

My daughters femurs measured small on her 20 week scan, they mentioned it at the scan but I didn't have any follow ups regarding it. I spent all my pregnancy worried there was going to be a problem but she's fine! She's now 2 years 3 months and petite but in proportion. Me or OH aren't tall so not surprised that she's small tbh. I wouldn't worry if they didn't seem worried xx

Thanks ladies,

the sonographer said all was looking normal but in the end sais its likely I get a smaller baby since I am petit. My DH however is quite tall so I thought it would even out :). Did not even check my notes until later on when I of course started to google!!.

Thanks kanga86, my FL graph looks like your AC graph so close to the 5th percentile.. All other measurements close to 50th ( HC slightly above and AC slightly below ).

I hope she is just a short girl with a big head! xx

My little girl has small fl throughout I was scanned fortnightly and she's a little dink but perfectly fine xxx

My little girl has small fl throughout I was scanned fortnightly and she's a little dink but perfectly fine xxx

Thanks!

Do you mind telling me the measurements?

The sonographer said they will do no more scans even though they measure small. they don't do this on the NHS if writhing normal range ( even if close to 5th percentile ) according to my midwife. Was your little girl outside the chart or did you go privately?

xx

I went overdue and measured 37w at 41w and was told he would be tiny. He was born healthy and happy at 7.3lb and is massive now.

I would take the measurements and guidelines with a pinch of salt.

xxxx

My son measured big every scan, was born tall and stopped growing at 1 year for a few months. He started growing again after that, but now he's one of the littler 2-year-olds. Try not to worry about size now, everything can still change.

I have a friend whose son had IUGR and he is 4 years old now and still only like 5-10th percentile. He is healthy, though!

Thanks!

Do you mind telling me the measurements?

The sonographer said they will do no more scans even though they measure small. they don't do this on the NHS if writhing normal range ( even if close to 5th percentile ) according to my midwife. Was your little girl outside the chart or did you go privately?

xx
Yes at 20 weeks her fl was 31 and by 22 weeks it was 35. She was an identical twin and was scanned fortnightly due to this and measured just on the 10th percentile. At 11 months old she's around 18lb and a little shortie xxx

Thanks!

caseysmummy11, my baby is measuring smaller looking at your measurements so not sure why they don't scan me further since they seemed concerned about your baby? Will try not to think about it anymore. Might have another scan privately to see if she grows since NHS wont do anything else.

Thanks! x

I would definitely press further for another scan especially if concern, it's their job to look after you and baby. I would perhaps speak to your midwife/consultant to express your concerns too hun xxx

Thanks. But they are not concerned and wrote all normal on report so they dont do more scans then.. Guess i understand why since otherwise many women would ask for extra scans all the time but still.. Did call them and they said no and probably think im crazy..

Will do one privately and if that comes out small i will call them again.

Have a feeling it might have been difficult to get exact since she was breech

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back