Scan measurements

mumto2bubs

Reaction score
When sonographer was measuring my baby today, here is what he measured

Head circumference 186mm
Head diametre 52mm
Femur length 32mm
Abdominal circumference 158mm.

I notice when she measured his head ( seems weird saying he lol ) at the corner it said
21 w 5 d.

Just wondering if I have an average size baby or if for 20 weeks, as will play a big part in my vbac plans. (?if baby is too big, I won't be aloud to give ith naturally )

If anyone has time to have a look at their notes I'd appreciate it

Cheers ladies x

Im stuck in the car at athletics with my daughter, but i had taken a photo of my scan report, ( as you do! Ha ) so heres mine

Head circumference : 182 mm
Abdominal circumference:153.7 mm
Femur length: 32.8 mm
Fetal weight: 355 g or 13 oz

Some of my measurements are slightly different ones to yours when comparing by the way
Oh and taken at 20 plus 2 days , graphy thing says slightly bigger than average head snd timmy, slightly shorter legs !
My babies all have big heads to grow into and devon had short legs at scan and had his daddys short legs now! All my babies are small to average , i do hope don't have a whoppa this last time!!

Hope this helps

Actually your baby is showing bigger than mine, but each sonographer could have different technique and maybe instead of big baby yourll just have him early and by vbac , wink wink

Thanks jj. Pretty similar to mine. Head and tummy is above average and legs average.
Even though my last daughter was 8lb 11.5oz, she still had a wee(ish ) head. Think boys have bigger heads lol

Jj I was thinking that. Remember they put me behind a bit on my dates. Well y reckoning is, hopefully I am a good wee bit infront, meaning that I may go into labour naturally. I have had to be induced with all three of the girls.

They won't Induce me this time with pessary or drip, only breaking waters if favourable x

Fingers crossed. -

Because of Vbac I have to go back for a growth scan at 34 weeks.

Jj I was thinking that. Remember they put me behind a bit on my dates. Well y reckoning is, hopefully I am a good wee bit infront, meaning that I may go into labour naturally. I have had to be induced with all three of the girls.

They won't Induce me this time with pessary or drip, only breaking waters if favourable x

Fingers crossed. -

Because of Vbac I have to go back for a growth scan at 34 weeks.

Oh thats good another chance to see your little man! Which baby/s did you have a section for ? The last one? I really hope you get your vbac.. Your probably due a good week ahead of me!!

Im going back at 32 or 34 too , i cant remember now , in sept tho for a scan just to check for fetal anemia due to my blood antibodys, its always caused my babies sharp rises in jaundice and blood thickness at birth and a slightly longer stay but nothing while preg, my antibody levels are always very low, but its good there checking.

Last edited:
Just last baby, elliotte, she was 2 weeks late,induced and After 12 hours of getting to 8 cm with gas and air, discovered she was back to back and was getting distressed as her head was banging against my cervix :-( . First was forceps, second was gas and air and a wonderfully natural delivery even though she was also induced x

at 20 weeks my report says
FL 31.3mm
HC 171.0mm
AC 146.2mm

i cant see a mention of weight or anything though :( where was this on your notes? xxx

BpD 58.5mm
HC 218.6mm
FL 42.4mm
anyone know if this is ok

Interesting! I will have to dig mine out, I do remember she weighed 13oz though :)

BpD 58.5mm
HC 218.6mm
FL 42.4mm
anyone know if this is ok

Sam was that at 20 weeks scan? My baby measuring big for 20, but yours is measuring even bigger x

There is nothing wrong with measuring big, just means a big baby :)

So is this average then or is bump big oh god I dnt want a big baby I was tiny only 5lb 6oz x

Gad mine today at 19+5,
FHR 144bpm
HC 173mm
FL 33mm (I was a long limbed baby!)

Thats all I got, wasnt estimated any weights and AC looked fine apparently.

Here is mine at 20+2

BPD 51.1
HC 175.8
AC 149.1
Femur 35
Humerus 31.8
Foot length 30.8
fetal weight 13ozs

Here is mine at 20+2

BPD 51.1
HC 175.8
AC 149.1
Femur 35
Humerus 31.8
Foot length 30.8
fetal weight 13ozs

My baby weighed 13 oz on the same day as yours 20 plus 2 too..head and tummy slightly bigger , mine are showing bigger than average, and legs slightly smaller than yours, measuring slightly less than average) so your baby must be bang on textbook!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back