Scan Measurements

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by dairygirl, Jun 21, 2013.

1. dairygirl

dairygirl Well-Known Member

Hi ladies! :wave: Hope everyone is keeping well?

Just a quick question about your 20 week scan measurements. Our little one had a head circumference of 180 and an abdominal circumference of 167 at 20 weeks and 2 days, and when comparing ours to my friends scan our babba seemed a little on the large side! Does anyone know if larger measurements at 20 week scan is relative to a larger baby when full term?? A little worried I may be carrying a baby elephant!! :oooo:

2. MrsTopher

MrsTopher Well-Known Member

Lol. Bless u. Sadly I can't give any answers to help as not that far ahead yet but be interesting to know the general responses!! X

3. dairygirl

Yeah I thought it may be interesting to hear from a few others. Just a little worried as I am a petite 5'2" and my hubby is 6'2" and he was also 10lb 4oz when he was born!! Eeeeek! :shock: I have quite a large bump already and im eating for england too!!

4. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Havent had my scan yet but the baby weight i think goes down the mothers side not fathers side.

What weight was your mum, you and any of your siblings? My mum, my sister and our kids in the most part other than my sisters last baby it followsfor

5. dairygirl

Hope so! I was 7lb 5oz which sounds a lot kinder than 10lb 4oz! My mum and siblings were slightly bigger than me but were also overdue.

6. Bethi

Bethi Well-Known Member

Hi Dairygirl,
    My baby measured slightly larger than yours last week (181). Sonographer said it is measuring a week ahead (which is impossible for me, as I hadn't had sex for a very long time before conception, sorry for TMI).
    I googled foetal growth charts and put in my baby's head circ.....it told me baby is 2-3 weeks ahead!!!!!
    I too am bricking it. I was only 7lb born, so was husband. Our 1st baby was 9lb, and huge. I'm really, really scared how big this one is gonna turn out to be :(

7. dairygirl

Thanks for your reply Bethi, I thought ours might be a little on the large side with a head circumference of 180 as our friends baby only measured 167! I did express my concerns about the size of my bump and my huge appetite to the sonographer at the time of our scan and she said not to worry as everything appeared normal for 20 weeks - we will just have to hope everyone elses little ones catch up over the next few weeks! X

8. Bethi

Bethi Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm hoping that baby has just had an early growth spurt and it will slow down and even out. I *hope*!!!

9. smnicholson92

smnicholson92 Well-Known Member

I just looked in my notes and at 19+3 my baby had a head circumference of 167 and an abdominal circumference of 146 :) xxx

10. H16

H16 Well-Known Member

Hi Hun,

I have just checked my notes from my 20 week scan (scan was done at exactly 20 weeks) and my baba had a head circumference of 175.5mm and an abdominal circumference of 143.1mm. Also just for comparison their femur length was 31.1mm and their estimated weight was 11ozs (307g).

Myself and my siblings were all between 7-8lb at birth.

Just found this website.....

http://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html

Quite interesting :)

#10 H16, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013