Scan date week behind anyone had this baby caught up by 12 weeks

TTC no2

Reaction score
Hi girls. I had early scan today. Its put me a week behind my dates. I know of my dates cos I've been tracking ovulation.
I should be about 7weeks 1-2days but I've been measured 6weeks +1 day.
Seen heartbeat. Anyone went through this. Like to hear the good and bad please

Hi girls. I had early scan today. Its put me a week behind my dates. I know of my dates cos I've been tracking ovulation.
I should be about 7weeks 1-2days but I've been measured 6weeks +1 day.
Seen heartbeat. Anyone went through this. Like to hear the good and bad please
Hiya! Hope you are doing well.
Yes, I wouldn’t worry about a week. Both my successful pregnancies have been put back a week from what I though my dates were. If it was more than that I’d be more concerned.
Hope it all goes well. When is your next scan? X

Not for another 2weeks, 16th October. Need be keep positive and think that I've seen a heartbeat x

Mine was behind by 5 days and knew exact days as ivf pregnancy I caught up by 10 weeks early scans are known for been out a bit as so small to measure x

Thanks outofsync I will post update in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed my wee baby is ok

Hi Ttc I’ve not had this personally, with my miscarriages I was measuring about 2 weeks behind but I googled like crazy at the time and read so many successful stories with people measuring a week behind their dates, fingers crossed for you xx

So sorry for ur loss @LucyC
I'm holding onto hope that I've seen heartbeat.

Hi TTC,

I’ll tell you about the start of my pregnancy and hopefully it helps you feel a bit reassured.

We previously had IVF and this baby was conceived on a one time occasion - we always used protection despite our previous struggles, so I knew the date we conceived.

I had a bleed and early pregnancy scanned me. I thought I was 8+5 but she measured me as 7+5. She said dates can be out but it stressed me no end. I can totally understand I maybe ovulated a couple of days after we’d DTD, maybe implanted a couple of days later. But a week didn't seem right. It would mean I’d got a positive pregnancy test earlier than humanly possible. They offered me another scan for two weeks later as I was so worried (ended up having a second episode of bleeding too) and that scan, although baby had clearly grown and was super happy, she put me back 9 DAYS! I cried my eyes. To me that just wasn’t right at all. She wouldn’t recheck measurements as she kept saying baby looked healthy and that’s all she was concerned about. I was ill with worry for weeks. When I went for my 12 week scan she checked multiple times and dated me 5 days behind. This I could accept easier, and I could see how well baby had grown. But those early days and the worry of the scans had me so ill. I thought they’d reassure me but I felt nothing but worry.

Anyway, my point is it all worked out fine in the end. Im 21 weeks now and baby is perfect! I’m sure you’ll be similar to me and possibly ovulated a day or two later than you thought and implanted slightly later. Or even better, your dates will have caught up by 12 weeks! When I seen my midwife for my booking appointment at 9/10 weeks she said before 12 weeks it’s so difficult to get any head to rump measurements for dating so always take them with a pinch of salt. It’s brilliant you’ve seen the heartbeat <3 I hope you’re okay xxx

Thank you so much for ur reply. Fantastic that ur little baby is doing well.
i can totally understand the worry, all I've been doing is looking for other people's outcomes on lots of pregnancy forums.
I'm trying so hard to be positive. Need to step back from searching anymore I think. It just doing me no good.. I just wish the 2 weeks were up so I knew what was happening.

i can totally understand the worry, all I've been doing is looking for other people's outcomes on lots of pregnancy forums.
I'm trying so hard to be positive. Need to step back from searching anymore I think. It just doing me no good.. I just wish the 2 weeks were up so I knew what was happening.
It’s a tough old wait. Take relief that you have seen a heartbeat. Hope everything works out. X

Got an nhs scan for next friday. Hopefully il still have heartbeat

Good luck for scan tomorrow lovely. Will be thinking about you and keeping everything crossed. X

Thanks... hopefully everything will be ok. I've been back at work this week after week off and it has really helped me. Ive no time to be googling and much. Lol

That’s exactly what I done. It just made my worry worse as for every good outcome I read, I read a bad one right after. I knew the one and only day we’d had unprotected sex so I couldn’t think it would be any other time to justify such a discrepancy. Obviously it ended up working out well but I couldn’t convince myself of that at the time!

I really hope you’ve managed to get through this worry okay and I’m wishing you and little baby so much luck for tomorrow xxx

Thank you. Scan tomoro is at 10am will let u lovely ladies know

Wasnt good news for me I'm afraid. Baby has no heartbeat and only measured 6+5. I'm devastated but I knew there was the chance it was going to happen. Go back next week for scan and go from there

Wasnt good news for me I'm afraid. Baby has no heartbeat and only measured 6+5. I'm devastated but I knew there was the chance it was going to happen. Go back next week for scan and go from there

Oh no I'm so sorry.

Why are they leaving you till next week? Xx

They want to scan again just to make sure theres no heartbeat.

I’m so sorry, it’s awful when you know but they keep bringing you back. I went through it last year, here if you want to talk. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back