Scan before xmas?!

JamsMom

Reaction score
Apparently my local midwife will call me to make an appointment soon and usually see's people at around 10 weeks. I've worked out 12 weeks falls around the 19th Dec so am I likely to get my scan in before xmas? I really want to do scan photos in cards for presents!! How long is the waiting process for scans usually after first MW appointment?

TIA
Cassie

I had my mw at 10 weeks my scan is tomorrow when I'll be 13 weeks but every area us different x x

They can do the 12 week scan anywhere up to 13 and a bit weeks, because that's the latest they will do the NT test (if you're opting for it), so you may not get the scan until after Christmas. You could see if there's a reasonably priced private clinic near you (I've heard of ones that only cost 40 pounds or so, sadly in my area it's more like 100), but then you'd get a nice little picture for your xmas cards.

Or you can be cheeky and say you are not sure of the dates and then they may see you a bit sooner..

My scan was at 12+6 I think, but I didn't even notify GP or MW of my pregnancy until I was 11 weeks as I was not in the country. I actually had my first scan before my booking appointment because they fit me in wherever they could xx

Last edited:
Pretty sure mine will be after Xmas too, considering a private scan so I can have them for Christmas too.. it's £70 where I am! xx

The clinics might be closed between Xmas and new year so u might be lucky and get seen before Xmas as they'll have to fit u in before 13 weeks...that's what I'm hoping anyway as not even ringing midwife to book in until after my 6wk reassurance scan. Xx

I would think they will see you before Christmas, they like to have as few as possible between Christmas and New Year at my clinic (last year they opened specially just to see me as I was having follicle tracking scans and they were growing really slowly, slower than everyone expected!). My midwife app was at 12 weeks and scan at 13.

Thankyou all, I'll wait and ask midwife when she calls, when I went to dr's I said I wasn't exactly sure on dates but between 2 days either way so she just wrote 6 weeks so that might help! I was going to tell her when she called now I've double checked but might just leave it?! It's only 3 days ahead

Keeley that's so high. They are £36 here. My scans not until 04th January. Booking appointments 6th of December I think they close over the Christmas period

Keeley that's so high. They are £36 here. My scans not until 04th January. Booking appointments 6th of December I think they close over the Christmas period

I know, it's quite expensive! That's why I wonder whether I will, it's £70 I could put towards other baby bits!

My MW appointment is the 21st Nov, It's quite early (I'll only be 7 weeks) be nice if they squeezed my scan in before christmas, I don't think it'll happen though! I will be telling everyone christmas day either way.. it would have just been nice to know everything was ok before telling them. xx

Last edited:
Wow Keely, 7 weeks. That's early. Many places won't even book your booking in until you're 8 weeks.

I got a call to confirm my booking appointment and my first scan. I then received a letter that confirmed my combined bloods as well. My booking in was at 10 weeks and my NT scan was exactly at 12 weeks with combine bloods the week before. The blood work before my scan meant I got my complete results at my scan. But like others have said, it varies. At my 12 week scan I was then given the date for my next scan at 21 weeks.

Last edited:
I've looked and they're around £90-£100 here so fingers crossed I get it before!

Don't worry too much about dates as they just go from what you're measuring on the 12(ish) week scan anyway. I thought I Was 12 weeks exactly at the scan but they were measuring 12+5, so they go with that even if your periods are like clockwork and you're pretty sure on dates xx

I know, This is my first so I called them not having a clue when it should be, told her I was 4 weeks and she gave me that date?! .. I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday so I will double check with her that it's ok! xx

Last edited:
First time we just said not sure when last period was and they sent us for a dating scan just over 8 weeks. Looked like a wee bean with a tail :lol: still saw it wriggling and stuff.

Just checked the company that was doing it for £36 they only have places up in Scotland :( sorry.

I think I'll have a few scans before Xmas just because of my history. Plus I'll be paying for a private scan aswell for different opinions. Was supposed to get one at 6 weeks, gonna be more like 7 weeks. Then I'm paying for one at 8/9 weeks, then I think docs said about a 10 week one to make sure baby is still growing. Then I'll be 13 weeks on Xmas day. :) xx

I think I'll have a few scans before Xmas just because of my history. Plus I'll be paying for a private scan aswell for different opinions. Was supposed to get one at 6 weeks, gonna be more like 7 weeks. Then I'm paying for one at 8/9 weeks, then I think docs said about a 10 week one to make sure baby is still growing. Then I'll be 13 weeks on Xmas day. :) xx

Oo peanutbutter good to see you back! I recognise you :) congratulations on your little bean and fingers crossed this little monkey sticks nicely. xxx

My scan is this week at 14 weeks but I had to cancel last week which would of been 12+5. My 20 week scan should be around the 23rd but we've booked a private gender scan to tell people on Christmas Day. But that's my happy time frame because of a previous Mc we had xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back