Scan at EPU

Birdie

Reaction score
Ladies I am 11+1 and have a scan at the EPU this morning due to some intermittent bleeding.

I'm only 9 days away from my 12 week scan, so I'm not sure if the ultrasound will be internal or external... does anyone know?

Also will I need a urine sample?

I had an external scan yesterday at 9 weeks. Perfectly clear you should not need an internal

I would imagine at 11 weeks it will be an external scan, Usually they only do an internal scan if you are under 7 weeks. No idea about urine sample though hun

Good luck xx

Great, thank you! Common sense told me it would be external this far along - but when I googled it kept saying EPU scans are internal.

I'm sure all will be fine - thanks ladies! :)

At my EPU it is only internal if you're under 10 weeks. With my first baby, the 12 week dating scan was at 11 + 5 and was external x

Last edited:
I had some bleeding at just over 10 weeks, it was external, really clear picture. Hope everything is ok xx

PS they did ask me for a urine sample to check for any infections xx

Well it was an internal scan after all! :) But the baby was so clear & moving around. I also had to give urine. Glad I only have to wait 9 days for my 12 week external scan though... you definitely can't see as much internally!

Oh that was unexpected. Glad everything went well. Not long to wait now. I had an EP scan at 8 weeks. I have to wait until 19th for my dating scan :( getting impatient now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back