Scan at 9+4 - it was amazing!!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by petchy, Jul 7, 2005.

1. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

Since I had a little "scare" this weekend I was given a scan today just to check everything was ok with the baby and to confirm the due date. I probably won't get a scan at 12 weeks now, as it is only a couple of weeks away and they managed to confirm the dates. I was so nervous before we went in today, and as soon as she said "see, there's the heartbeat" i burst into tears of relief! It was amazing!!! I saw the heartbeat and the baby moved around and everything! The picture was clearer on the screen than the printed pictures, but I suspect it would have been clearer if I was skinny - in fairness I do have a bit of extra "padding"!

[​IMG]

it's not easy to see what is where, so this might help!

[​IMG]

i'm so relieved and happy you won't believe!!! :D

2. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

??? oh no, where have my pictures gone?? help someone who knows how to put them on properly pleeease!!

3. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

4. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

mine are on flickr - do links from there not work then?

in any case you can see the pictures in my blog, which you will see a link to in my signature!

5. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

awww cute scan pics :)

6. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

thanks!! :D

i know it just looks like a blob, but it's MY blob!!!

7. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

It's a cute waving blob :D

I can't wait until my next scan, counting down the days! :lol:

8. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

See Petchy I told you everything would be fine. I'm really pleased for you. x

9. LucyBee

LucyBee Well-Known Member

So glad everything's ok.
    There's nothing like that moment when you see your baby's beating heart for the first time!
    Lucy x

10. Guest

Awww I'm so pleased for you hun. I knew it would be okie for you - such a releif to see your little baby on the screen though isn't it!! :D xxx

11. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

thank you guys - yes it was AMAZING!!! i am in love..... :D now that the scan was such good news i am gonna allow myself to go out and get a little outfit today, to keep in a drawer and look at now and again (read: every day, possibly several times a day!)

MW said when a HB is detected there is a 90%+ chance of having a successful pregnancy, and every day the magic 12 week milestone is getting closer....

12. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

Hi

Your baby scan is beautiful. I wish you all the luck and I am sure that everything will be okay.

xx

13. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

I've started stocking up on nappies, wipes etc. I bought my first pack of nappies from Tesco last night and had to have a look (they've got Pampers on special). It was soooooooo tiny :D :D :D Can't believe I got soppy over a nappy! :lol: :lol:

14. aussiemum

aussiemum New Member

I had my first scan today - turns out I am over a week LESS pregnant than previously thought. I guess it isn't that much of a surprise (I don't keep a regular track of LMP and I forgot which of my friends I was in sync with) but it kinda sucks to be on the 'wrong' side of 12 weeks again. Oh, and I had to work out the whole ticker thing all over!

Having said all that - it was VERY cool to see baby waving tiny arms and legs about and to have confirmation that I am not sick and crabby for no reason. We were so excited about seeing the baby move around that I almost missed the words I had been hanging out for all this time: 'that's the heartbeat'

I'd kinda suspected twins, but this little one has me so 'over the moon' I don't know how I would cope with 2!

love to all

15. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

Hi

Congratulations on your scan. So glad youre pleased. I have my scan next thursday and i would hate to be on the wrong side as well. How i'm feeling at the moment i would love for them to say to me, "Oh youre 7 months". Be impossible though.

x