Scan at 6+2 - what should I see?

Cherrybelly

Reaction score
Hi all,

The last two mornings, when I've had a bm I've had a bit of brown slime (tmi) when I wiped. That's all and nothing for the rest of the day. As I've had three losses, I phoned the dr today who was fab and I'm having an early scan tomorrow. He warned me that as its so early, I might not see much. I was just wondering if anyone's had one so early and if they saw a heartbeat? Or if anyone's had brown slime after a bm and been ok? Thanks and sorry for being gross! X

It's hard to say what you'll see as there are lots of variables to consider. You may see only a yolk sac, you may see yolk sac and fetal pole or you may see a baby with a beating heart, it really depends on implantation dates etc.
the important thing to remember though is that if you don't see a baby it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong, you might just be a bit too early but I would think you would at least see yolk sac and gestational sac xx good luck xx
I had one at 6+2 in a previous pregnancy and saw baby with heartbeat but at a later scan was moved forward a week so I was probably closer to 7 weeks at the time of the early scan

Last edited:
I don't really know but just wanted to wish u good luck xx

Good luck.

Some see a heartbeat at 6w but don't be too disheartened if there is a sac or fetal pole with no HB.

Babies usually catch up, if you don't see HB yet I'm sure they'll see you back in a few weeks and you will see something then. My epu only scan after 7w to get best chance of seeing Hb .

xxxx

Yes, yes, yes. I had the exact same thing and the sonographer said it was probably an implantation bleed which can happen at this point.
Now fine. I got a small bit of brown blood - stringy and only once - on its own afterwards, but had gone the next day.
Hope it's the same for you. Mine was just under 7 weeks, but can happen at any point in this period apparently. Xx

I saw a heartbeat and the yolk sac but mine was an internal scan. All depends on the scan you're getting and the pregnancy its self. A lot of people do not see a lot at 6 weeks. I hope your scan goes well.

Had an internal scan and saw a baby with a little heartbeat :) so happy xxx

Here's our little baby :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads