Scan at 6 +2. Anyone have one this early?

Rednursie

Reaction score
Sorry I mean 6+3!!!
I am booked in for an early scan at 8+5 at my maternity hospital. However I really want a scan before then just to make sure things are as they should be. It just feels so long to wait and I cant really relax. I have a date in mind (the only one that suits both me and oh) which makes me 6+3 - Has anyone else seen a heartbeat this early? Do you think I will see something? I cant do the following week as oh wouldn't be with me. Thanks ladies :) xxx

Last edited:
I had one at 5+6 it was an internal and only saw the yolk sac. No baby and no HB.
Went back at 8wks and saw my baby and strong HB.

But theres some ladies on here that seen it that early.
Xx

I had one at 5 + 3 (external) and there was a heart beat, but I've read stories where the heartbeat wasnt seen until much later. Everyone is different so its hard to know what to expect, if there isnt one you will probably just get booked in for a later one where you will be able to see the HB. x

Really? I think I would find that very hard to not get stressed out with :-( What did they tell you at that early scan? And what dates did you think you were before that scan? Sorry for all the questions! xxx

I had one at 5 + 3 (external) and there was a heart beat, but I've read stories where the heartbeat wasnt seen until much later. Everyone is different so its hard to know what to expect, if there isnt one you will probably just get booked in for a later one where you will be able to see the HB. x

Thanks hun- I booking this one privately though-dont want to do it if i thnk it will be too early- Aghh decisions! xxx

if you are going to go private, they often do not consider reassurance scans until 7weeks! i know all the ones near me won't.

If I book an early scan again I will wait until 8 weeks just to guarantee I see something......

I had one at 7 and 2 seen baby and hb x

I would actually be 6 + 3 I counted wrong-doh. The clinic Im looking at do early scans for 6 weeks xx

If you have no reason to think anything is wrong then I would wait.

The longer you wait the more you see :lol:

I waited until 7w as I knew if there was a healthy baby in there I'd see HB and there would be no extra worry.

My issue with early scans is that if you are a few days out, or had late implantation of whatever then you may not see HB and that can cause extra angst and worry.

I think earliest I recall someone seeing HB was 5w 5d, and I am also sure her dates were correct [so she wasn't further along that she thought]

xxxxxx

Thanks Carnat. That extra worry and angst is exactly what I don't want. Although I am sure of my dates, as you say I could have implanted late. I think for that reason I will hold out until my appointment for the early scan at the maternity hospital at 8+6. I can always use the money for a later reassurance scan. Seems like I'll need it- Found out today that Over here you don't have your first san until about 17 weeks (unless there is something wrong) Shocked to say the least! I miss the nhs lol xxx

I had one at 6 + 6 & saw the heartbeat. I wanted reassurance that there was a baby there as I'd had no symptoms! We went private & had another one at 10 weeks & by then he looked like a baby rather than a blob! Private scans are so clear & accurate, unlike the NHS! I'm having my 4th private scan next week & I'm 25 weeks x

Thanks Carnat. That extra worry and angst is exactly what I don't want. Although I am sure of my dates, as you say I could have implanted late. I think for that reason I will hold out until my appointment for the early scan at the maternity hospital at 8+6. I can always use the money for a later reassurance scan. Seems like I'll need it- Found out today that Over here you don't have your first san until about 17 weeks (unless there is something wrong) Shocked to say the least! I miss the nhs lol xxx

Wow hun 17 weeks, where are you based?

I would personally wait and as you say use the money for a scan later on, but see how you feel in a few days.

I was 100% sure of my dates (at a push I'd give or take 24 hours but I know when I got my surge as I was OPK'ing like a crazy lady) and I was put forward 3 days at dating scan and had baby 9 days after my official EDD... :shock:

xxxxxx

Im in Southern Ireland. You have your very first appointment between 13-14 weeks for booking in. Then you go back for your scan around the 17 week mark. I am astounded!
I will be so exited to see what they date me! Roll on the 16th of July :) xxx

I live in Germany and had a scan at 6 weeks. I walked into the gyno and said "I'm pregnant" and they did a scan to check - I'm quite happy they do it like that over here. I think it's mainly to check its not ectopic and she also checked my ovaries were ok (and that you're not imagining it too i imagine) so now I have a little picture of a blob. I have my next appointment at 10 weeks and I'm 7 now so 3 weeks to go!

Maybe Germany has a different approach though. In once went to the gyno with thrush and they did a scan to check my inner lady bits were all alright! Was quite surprised!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back