Scan at 3/4 weeks...

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
I have to go and have an ultrasound scan on Thursday because I have a large cyst on my ovary... They wanted to take it out before I fell pregnant again but they can jog on (frankly) I am not having surgery on my womb until I have finished having kids.

Anyway, will they see anything? Will there be anything to see so early on?

I had a scan when I was six weeks pregnant , so two two weeks after conception if you see what I mean . they saw a tiny little dot and could tell me the pregnancy was in the right place and not ectopic . Not much else but that was enough to re-assure me x

Wow okay ;) I am trying to work out how pregnant I am by their standards!

I had a scan at 6 weeks and they pre-warned me that they might not see anything. I dont think they can see anything prior to 5 weeks. We saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks with an internal scan

I thin (could be wrong ) your pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last af .

Yeah that's correct, 1st day of last AF is when they calculate your pregnancy from. So according to them, I've been preggers since Nov 1st, when I didn't ov til the 16th or 17th x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

So I will be 4 weeks ish when I go in for my scan... I wonder if they will even notice it lol

At 4weeks it is possible to see a tiny gestation sac with an internal scan. But it will be tiny with nothing inside yet xx

Ah so they probably won't see anything on the pelvic ultrasound. Well that's okay... Just wondered if they would see anything. I probably won't even tell them about the baby then.

You should tell them about the baby as Doppler can cause problems to ta early gestational age. The technician will know to not apply that particular ultrasound technic o long time on your tummy if you tell him.

You can have the scan, as they most use 2D. The Doppler can also be used but not for extensive time on young babies as it can damage fetal tissues. But every technician knows that so just tell them you are pregnant.

Last edited:
Ok that was a bit technical here but I would go in your place. We o ultrasounds er often at that gestational age for various reasons, we just need to know about te pregnancy

But if extended ultrasound harms the feral tissue, even just a little bit of it use be a risk? To be honest I am not a fan of ultrasounds anyway.

Only a special ultrasound method, not all of them, and for prolonged periods of time. Normal 2D ultrasound is completely harmless.

You could just say you think you might be. If they are scanning just for cysts they might not bother looking anyway. When I had my cyst scan at 15 weeks she just sort of skimmed over baby before trying to poke me in the eye with the internal probe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back