Scan 36+3, Big baby!

Bek234

Reaction score
Had my scan! I'm 36+3 and baby currently weighs 7.641lb!!! (Estimated)
wow!! That's gonna hurt!! Lol
But she's ok and that's all that matters!! :D
Can't wait to meet my chunky monkey :)

Still have an appt on Monday 10th June to 'discuss possible inductions and options'
I said what are the chance of me being induced, he said 'unlikely, it's more to discuss if and when'.
So that's good news too.

Hopefully I don't go over due!! :-/ lol

Xx

Tapatalking. X

Wow!! Haha hope they got tht weight wrong for you sake hahaha aww lil chunk :)
Glad shes all ok tho huni :)
And if she is already 7lb odd she hopefully wont get much bigger :p
Ill e sure to sed u foofy dust when the time comes xx

Pleased everything went well Bek must admit I'm a sucker for a chunky baby!!! Lets hope her growing slows down for your sake though xxx

Wow!! Haha hope they got tht weight wrong for you sake hahaha aww lil chunk :)
Glad shes all ok tho huni :)
And if she is already 7lb odd she hopefully wont get much bigger :p
Ill e sure to sed u foofy dust when the time comes xx
Haha I kno! Lol gonna be big!
We have a £50 sweepstake going in my family and its wiped out quite a few people!! Lol
I'm hoping I'm about 2wks early now lol
Thanks ill need the foofy dust when the time comes! :) xx

Tapatalking. X

Pleased everything went well Bek must admit I'm a sucker for a chunky baby!!! Lets hope her growing slows down for your sake though xxx

Yh I love chunky babies too lol but hoping its spent hurt too much lol
X x

Tapatalking. X

Im gonna sound totally stupid now most probably. But, how can they estimate a babys weight?

Good luck for your app on 10th n hope baby doesn't get too much bigger :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Wow! At least you know she's ok! :0) chubby babies are cute! :) ur obviously looking after her well while she's in there He he!

So glad everything's ok! Just a waiting game now :) eeeeek

Karlie xxx

Sorry....jumping in from Baby and Toddler!

At my 36 wk scan, I was told my LO weighed just over 8lb and to expect at least a 10 maybe 11lb baby, as they tend to put on at least 1/2 a pound per wk by that point! I was absolutely terrified!!

To cut a very long story short, my LO was born on his EDD weighing 7lb 13oz...they were WAY off! Working it back, at my 36 wk scan, he probably only weighed around 5lb 13oz.

Please don't panic too much - the weight estimates are just that - estimates! xxx

At my 36 wk scan, I was told my LO weighed just over 8lb and to expect at least a 10 maybe 11lb baby, as they tend to put on at least 1/2 a pound per wk by that point! I was absolutely terrified!!

To cut a very long story short, my LO was born on his EDD weighing 7lb 13oz...they were WAY off! Working it back, at my 36 wk scan, he probably only weighed around 5lb 13oz.

Please don't panic too much - the weight estimates are just that - estimates! xxx

thats made me feel so much better !! lol i was told my lil man was exactly 3lb at my 28 week scan and then a midwife who my fella's mate is married to turned around and said, 'oh thats big for 28 weeks' (even though i read it was normal ) 'shes going to have at least a 9lbr!!!!' i was like oh great thanks!! lol x

Im gonna sound totally stupid now most probably. But, how can they estimate a babys weight?

Sent from my GT-I9300

Not sure, think its the measurements :-/ but its only estimated xx

Tapatalking. X

Wow! At least you know she's ok! :0) chubby babies are cute! :) ur obviously looking after her well while she's in there He he!

So glad everything's ok! Just a waiting game now :) eeeeek

Karlie xxx

Lol! :) I can't wait now, hoping she comes about 38/39 weeks lol ill hate going overdue! Bet everyone does! Xx

Tapatalking. X

Wow! Lol that's good, I know they can get it wrong but that is a big diff!!
Did u go into labour naturally or did they induce u?
Xx

Tapatalking. X

Haha what a chunk! Love chunky babies, they're the best! At least she's happy and healthy... And u know you're gonna lose lots of weight as soon as she's born! Xxx

Haha what a chunk! Love chunky babies, they're the best! At least she's happy and healthy... And u know you're gonna lose lots of weight as soon as she's born! Xxx

I kno :) lol as long as she's ok :)
Oh yh, I hope so!! I've put on 4stone!!!!!!! (No that's not a typo!! 4st!!! Lol)
Not too long till were doi g labour threads!! Woop! :D xxx

Tapatalking. X

Also thinking ill need to re think my hospital bag just incase she's a mega chunk... Ill still take the ones I've got but ill put an extra one in size 0-3 incase she's a tonker!! :)
And been told to buy a rubber ring to sit on afterwards lol help the stitches xx

Tapatalking. X

Sent from my GT-I9300

Not sure, think its the measurements :-/ but its only estimated xx

Tapatalking. X

Ah ok. Hope they are wrong for your sake ;) xxx

Wow! Lol that's good, I know they can get it wrong but that is a big diff!!
Did u go into labour naturally or did they induce u?
Xx

Tapatalking. X

I had a textbook pregnancy, so they let me go naturally - and I was so glad I didn't go overdue as I was so worried about how big he was going to be! Luckily for me, he was average sized :) xx

Ha ha a rubber ring! That did make me chuckle... Poor us!! Out of interest, how has this compare to ur belly measurements the midwife is doing? I'm measuring about a week behind so they told me it would be a pretty small baby.. But I'm not convinced! I get booted about so much I just think he's rolled into a ball. Xxx

Also, just noticed your new profile pic makes it look like she has a full set of teeth! Maybe she's going to come out a toddler! Xxxx

Last edited:
Ha ha a rubber ring! That did make me chuckle... Poor us!! Out of interest, how has this compare to ur belly measurements the midwife is doing? I'm measuring about a week behind so they told me it would be a pretty small baby.. But I'm not convinced! I get booted about so much I just think he's rolled into a ball. Xxx

Also, just noticed your new profile pic makes it look like she has a full set of teeth! Maybe she's going to come out a toddler! Xxxx

Well the tape measure is diff everyone for me! Lol I've been measure by 5 different people since Saturday (3drs and 2mws) and they all say diff, the last one today says I'm at 37 wks. I don't rate the tape measure accuracy! Lol

Haha! I kno it does dont it! Lol that's my 21 wks scan. I've had 5 throughout!

Hallie can really hurt me too when she's going for it! Lol my oh laughs at me! Lol xx

Tapatalking. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back