Scan 2 weeks behind

Tina18

Reaction score
Hey ladies

So I'm pregnant with my second baby ( I had two MMC before my first) bothbat 9 and 10 weeks.

I had an early scan last week and they said I was 7 weeks pregnant but based on date of last period I should be 9 weeks.

My cycles are around 36 days long so when I worked it out based on that I could have potentially ovualted on day 24 makong me 7 weeks 5 days...the sonographer said my uterus is tipped and she struggled to get a measurment so she said she could be potentially 5 +days out...do you think I have anything to worry about? Im so nervous but my partner doesn't think I should have any more scans until my 12 week one (even though ill only be 10 weeks 5 days at that avan potentially)

Many thanks

They do measure pregnancy from the day of your period and if your calculating from
Ovulation you need to add another 2 weeks onto that so it would make you 9 weeks hun.
Did the sonographer not offer to scan you vaginally because of your tilted uterus? They normally do this so they can see things more accurately.
If having another scan will make you less anxious and put your mind at rest then I think you should go for another one. Blokes don’t understand properly how worrying it can be because they aren’t carrying the baby.
Good luck I hope you manage to get a more accurate scan and everything works out for you x

Thanks for replying well I did an ovulation calculator online and it said 7 weeks 5 days so hopefully its ok... no she didn't I wish she did!! She didn't really seem concerned.... yea maybe I'll get another scan booked in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back