Scalp issues

El1en

Reaction score
Hi girls, it's been ages since I've logged on here, I try and pop on every now and again to catch up but i just don't seem to have much time

Anyway hope you're all well

My little girl is 9.5 months, from very little she's had eczema and we use dermol twice a day in her skin and this is great.

She has also always had cradle cap. I've tried loads to get rid, just brushing it, coconut oil, dentinox shampoo, other shampoos and in the end what I found worked was ordinary kitchen sunflower oil. Id wap a load on leave it for 30 mins, give it a good brush then use johnsons shampoo to wash it off. It was great, until... She started getting eczema on her scalp (I blame johnsons, I really don't like the stuff). So now I'm going round in cirles.

I try to use the dermol as a shampoo but it's not strong enough to wash the oil out of her hair so I tried just using dermol and no oil but then the cradle cap came back even though the eczema improved

Anyone got any tips?

I need to use he oil for the cradle cap but need a shampoo which will wash the oil away without making the eczema worse

Hiya I use the burts bees shampoo fragrance free. But my lg still gets the odd bit of eczema so I use oilatum lotion on it and I don't wash her hair every day. I use aveeno baby eczema therapy lotion for her body which works a treat. For cradle cap I got something beginning with m from Amazon and it worked a treat for my lg and my friends too. I'll hunt down the name x

Thanks I'll try and get some burts shampoo, I only bath my Lo 2 or 3 times a week as the baths dry her skin out. I'll look up the stuff on Amazon to. Thank you.

I put Lo in scratch mittens at night and cut her nails every other day but I've just seen she's made her scalp bleed again this morning :'( poor lass

Last edited:
We've had the same problem! We've used the Child's Farm shampoo which works ok to remove oil but his scalp still dries out. I've just started using Weleda Calendula shampoo on him, it's too early to say how good it is but it cost £7 from Tesco so it's quite pricey. I've read that Simple Baby moisturising shampoo is good and it's cheap but I haven't tried it. I find if I put Aveeno on his scalp a couple of times a day it keeps it clear, it's fine now while he doesn't have much hair but I don't want to be putting cream on when his hair thickens. Let me know how you get on as I'm always looking for things that work! For at night we use scratch sleeves to stop him scratching his face and they're great - the mit part is silk so they physically can't scratch themselves and as they're sleeves they can't pull them off either. If you google it they come up xx

Thanks I'm going to head to waitrose now as I know they sell burts bees stuff and I'll see what else they've got. They'll have aveeno stuff to

My little girl has quite a lot of hair so while she has some dermol on the front during the day further back would be too messy. Tonight wasn't meant to be bath night but she's rubbed a lot of peanut butter in her hair at lunchtime so I'll try and get something to start using today

Thanks again for the replies, I bought some child's farm shampoo to try. I didn't use oil on her hair tonight just the shampoo so we'll see how well it gets the oil off next time

Aww bless her - peanut butter in her hair lol! Childs Farm smells gorgeous and it should get the oil out but you might have to wash it twice xx

How are you getting on with the Child's Farm shampoo? My lo has just had a breakout on his scalp so I don't think the expensive Weleda is the answer! He has got a cold at the moment so id expect a flare up but I've noticed it looking a bit dry since using the Weleda. I've bought Simple baby moisturising shampoo so will try that next xx

Hi browneyed girl, the child's farm stuff smells lovely and leaves her hair so so soft. Her cradle cap is almost cleared, she still has a very dry itchy scalp but it is improving and I use the sunflower oil then wash it off with the shampoo and it does help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back