Saw a fertility consultant today ... Info please?

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I saw a consultant this morning, and she really didn't explain anything to me! She checked my cervix and to see if my uterus was how its supposed to be etc, and didn't tell me if it was fine or something wrong... Sent me for blood tests and didn't tell me which tests and why. She told me I need to take a high does of folic acid, 5mg but again didnt tell me why...
Then was just like a letter will be in the post for your next appointment in 3 months time ... She said if I get pregnant within the 3 months I need to cancel my appointment...but this is for recurrent MCs so if i cancel it because im pregnant, then miscarry again, i would have to start the whole process off again .. Just left me annoyed and confused.
Can anyone help? Thanks x

Well I probably can't offer much about the tests but I think the handwritten ones are:

1. Antiphospholipids Ab
2. Anticardiolipin Ab
3. Lupus anticoagulant

I hope this helps your googling. A bit crap that she didn't give you any info :( were you not able to ask questions?

I would only cancel the appointment if it sticks, otherwise what is the point? What a silly thing to say...

Last edited:
She spoke over me everytime i tried to speak. Found the whole thing a waste of time. Didn't tell me anything useful at all apart from the 5mg folic acid and when she said that she said it as if i was supposed to know! Ugh, Now another 3 whole months of waiting. :(

Wow that's really crap, you must be so disappointed :( Hopefully the blood tests etc will show something, but it shouldn't take 3 months surely!

Hi Peanut, sorry you had a crap appointment. A couple of ours have been like that. At one our consultant was down right rude to us and wouldn't let us ask questions or speak at all! Luckily our next one (with the same consultant) was much better and he was great at answering questions but still no idea why he was so rude to us at the first one.

Hope you can get your results sooner than 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back