savouring sleeping on my back, aaah

clarew

Reaction score
the countdown is on- no more back sleeping from week 16!!
the thing i craved more than anything towards the end of my last pregnancy was to be able to just sleep on my back, even just for an hour, just to relieve those aching hips.
anyone else going to miss back sleeping?

I miss the tummy sleeping! Or even just half on my side half tummy, it hurts my boobs too much. I keep waking up on my back at the moment at 19 weeks.

Are you not allowed to sleep on your back? Thats my natural position so if I get pregnant I have to change?

Yeah. No back sleeping from tri 2, the uterus lays too heavy on arteries and stuff not good for babs, reduced flow going to plancenta. I really miss stomach sleeping and stomach reading :(

Yeah. No back sleeping from tri 2, the uterus lays too heavy on arteries and stuff not good for babs, reduced flow going to plancenta. I really miss stomach sleeping and stomach reading :(

Well that has shocked me, so pleased I read this before I get pregnant. With size of my boobs I have been able to lie on my front to read!

Ive big boobs too but im not flat im propped up on elbows, kinda have to like manoeuvre them but once i get the sweet spot i can lie like that for hours lol. I hate sleeping on my side and i put the quilt between my legs and my hubby says im humping it! But only way to get comfy

I never used to sleep on my back anyway but tummy sleeping hurts mainly cos of the boobs! X

I have never mastered tummy sleeping ! Have ordered a massive tube of a pillow that wraps all around me. Poor hubby only gonna have a quarter of a bed to sleep in !!

In my last pregnancy I had no option but to sleep on my back but propped up with pillows. Otherwise the acids reflux and heartburn would flood to my throat and I'd wake up choking on it.

It is recommended to sleep on your left side though x

Last edited:
35 weeks and atill wake up on my back some times. I sleep with about 6 pillows so im sat up. I cant wait to sleep on my back and tummy x

Oh I miss sleeping on my belly. It's all for a good cause though remember :)!

In my last pregnancy before giving birth I was counting to sleeping of my back then I had a section, and I should lay only on my back for a while

Having a regular back massage may help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back