Sarahs Pregnancy Diary

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Sarah W Baby Belly, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

I am really missing being able to read Cats pregnancy diary (hope that she is well by the way and missing her in general)

I thought I would pick up where she left off and start a little diary of my own. I am roughly at the same stage in my pregnancy that she was at when hers began.

Hopefully I won't bore you too much!

I have been with the DH for almost nine years and we got married in May. We had been planning to start a family for about 18 months before the wedding and decided to start trying on the honeymoon.

We were utterly shocked and amazed when we cracked it on the first attempt! Our biggest mistake was to do the test on supermarket night! We had to go shopping afterwards and bought all the wrong stuff! :D

I was very lucky in the early stages to just have bad nausea. Luckily I wasn't actually sick, which was a big relief.

My nausea, tiredness and other first trimester things ended at about ten and a half weeks and I have been mostly healthy since then.

My only ailments are a sore tail bone from sitting down all the time in my job and I get a headache about once a week. I have also had problems from walking quickly recently as I seem to get a stitch in my bump, which thankfully stops when I sit down.

Baby has been kicking me for about six weeks now and has only caused me grief with my bladder twice in the car (so far!). He hasn't kept me awake at night yet, but I am sure this will start soon.

I have been lucky to be able to keep doing my swimming and gentle gym work and I am sure this has helped keep my energy up and keep me supple.

The reason for starting this diary today is because my gp found sugar in my urine and I had to go for two blood tests today to see if I have got gestational diabetes. If I have, then I could end up having a huge baby by c-section :shock: :shock: ! yikes. So I will keep you posted with the results of that. If I am diagnosed I will have to eat much less sugar and fat and do even more exercise than I am doing!

I have so far put on a stone in 25 weeks which I am pleased about and now waiting to see my results on thursday, to find out how much more sugar I will be able to eat during the next 15 weeks! Xmas without chocolate????? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Here is a picture of my baby boy waving at us! He's got his mums upbeat personality already!

[​IMG]

We are going to go out window shopping at the weekend for ideas on what to buy for the little one. Can't put it off much longer!

Will update next monday with my results and other stuff. Also hoping that we have heard news from Cat by then.

2. Sarah W Baby Belly

I know its not monday yet but I just have to mention that I got my blood test results today and I am NORMAL!!!

Well normal in the blood sugar department anyway. Not sure about being completely normal :roll:

Hopefully will have a better week from now on.

I have just realised that I have been pregnanct for 180 days today which is exactly six months! Wow! Sometimes I think it has flown, other times I think it has dragged.

Might have some chocolate in a minute to celebrate.

:D :D :D :D

3. Sarah W Baby Belly

Well the past week has been a mixed bag of highs and lows

We are still no way near deciding on a buggy as there are so many to choose from but none of them suit us perfectly. So we have given up for now.

The best part of the week was getting my blood test results from the doctors to say that I don't have gestational diabetes!!!! yipppeee!!!!

The worst part of the week was arguing with the DH and having a crying fit in the middle of Guildford town centre yesterday over why I wasn't allowed to start buying anything. Sometimes men really don't have a clue?!!!!!! :twisted:

I am only five days to the third trimester and have to say that my broodiness has seriously increased and I am finally starting to believe that I will be a mum and keep having visions of it. Good visions I might add.

My tail bone is very sore today so I am looking forward to going home to have a bath.

The DH is starting to clear the rubbish out of the nursery so hopefully we will be able to start planning what we are going to do with it soon.

Apart from the tailbone, I have been feeling very well and wish I could stay this much pregnant forever. Not looking forward to getting really big.

Starting to really struggle in the gym though, so that will probably all stop soon.

Will update you again next week.

Best of luck and love to everyone

4. Sarah W Baby Belly

Well I have now reached the third trimester!

I have definitely started slowing down now. A small shopping trip on saturday left me really achey and tired out! So good excuse to rest for the remainder of the day. I didn't find my energy again until about 7pm on sunday night and did some housework.

I bought a comfort teddy and also a nice selection of baby clothes in debenhams that were reduced by loads. I got t-shirts at £1.50. The DH couldn't argue with me about that when I got home. I also got nappy cream :D :?: .

I was hoping to have a look at a buggy made by quinny that we are interested in, but our branch of toys r us didn't have it so we will be heading over to kingston in a couple of weeks to check it out in John Lewis.

My neighbour Helen is a very keen photographer and we had a few chats about her doing some proper photos of me in a couple of weeks time. I am very excited about it and I have started looking for ideas of poses and props that I can use. Looking forward to that.

I am starting to need various pillows now, and I have made very good friends with my new wedge pillow and it is unbelievably comfy. If I turn over in the night and forget to take it with me, I end up waking up with an achey back, so it is obviously working.

My weight has started climbing up quicker in the past couple of weeks and I am trying to take it in my stride :twisted: :D

Will update everyone with my 28 week bump next monday and I only have two more full weeks at work before I start working less, which I am really looking forward to as the past three months seems to have really dragged.

All in all, still doing OK.

5. Sarah W Baby Belly

Haven't had too much to report since the last post as most things have stayed the same.

We did go to a firework display last saturday and it was major hardwork! Firstly I was surprised how quickly my back starting aching by standing around. Note to self : Never get a stand-up job and be pregnant at the same time!

Also the fireworks really set the baby off and he wriggled like a mad-man all the way back up the hill and it felt as though he had converted himself to six live EEL'S! Very wierd and unpleasant feeling and by the time I got to my house I was puffing and panting. I didn't recognise myself at all!

My 28 week appointment went very well and my urine was clear. yippeee! I got to hear the heartbeat again and have to say that hearing that is the absolute best part of being pregnant!

I thought I would add a bump picture to show how my bump is now very visible from the front as well as the side! It is starting to shock me on a daily basis when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror! :shock:

[​IMG]

6. Sarah W Baby Belly

30 weeks

Well I have changed quite a lot physically in the past three weeks. My weight is no longer going up slowly and my bump has grown three inches round the widest part.

I am still sleeping at night but finding it quite uncomfortable now.

I haven't had any midwife appointments since my last post and my next one is this wednesday. I normally quite enjoy these as I get to hear the hearbeat of the little one which is lovely.

I am now working much less hours in the average week which is really helping. The DH took a day off work last week on the same day as mine and took me out to lunch at one of our local national trust places. We also had a little walk around afterwards which was a bit awquard as I needed the toilet about four times, so we didn't get very far! It was also a freezing day!

Last night when massaging my bump, I noticed a definite lump sticking out. Still too early to tell exactly, but it felt like an elbow or foot and it was quite scary really in a nice way.

I had a photo shoot yesterday. My neighbour came round and we did some photos. It was a nice project for her, as she has never photographed a pregnant woman before and it was a lovely project for me. We are going to do it again in about 4 or 5 weeks. I was quite daring and did some shots where I was virtually nude. The DH and his mum couldn't understand why I was doing it, but, why shouldn't I? I have chosen to ignore the comment made by the M.I.L about how they didn't do anything like that 'in her day'. Jealousy will get her nowhere! :wink:

I'm looking forward to my next day off (wednesday) and I am going to have an extra long lay-in. Bliss. And then go swimming. Brrrr! Its cold outside!

I have finally found a pair of maternity jeans that I really like. Only 18 weeks late :roll:. Oh well, I will make sure I wear them as much as possible.

Here is my 30 week bump. Its really growing now!

[​IMG]

7. Sarah W Baby Belly

8. Sarah W Baby Belly

Haven't got too much to report yet as my next midwife appointment is next week, so hopefully I am going to remember to ask her what position he is in etc, because for some reason she's not really telling me anything so I've realised that I am going to have to start asking questions.

Last week we finally got oursleves a family car and I am going to have to sell my little polo which really isn't suitable with 2 doors and a miniscule boot, so we had to pool resources and get ourselves something with 4 doors and a big boot. Its also got Isofix points in it so that we can attach one of those Britax Isofix Baby seats to it. i don't really trust the normal ones. You hear so much about how people never seem to fit them properly so we have decided to pay a bit extra and get something that actually clamps to the car.

Little one has definitely found where my bladder is and I think that Andrex are now doing very well out of me. I am still sleeping well though, providing my family of cushions stay in place, and still going swimming which I'm sure is keeping my body ticking over.

Still no sign of an emerging nursery, and the buying of stuff has definitely stopped, in favour of Xmas shopping and preparations. Hopefully this will pay off and we will pick up some bargains in the january sales.

Have to say that I am so glad that xmas has landed about now. Pregnancy must drag quite a bit at this stage without the distraction of Xmas festivities! Hoping the DH will let me put the tree up this weekend. Haven't asked him yet, but I might have to fake a pregnancy tantrum if he doesn't let me :lol: I cannot believe it is only two weeks away! This means I have only got two more weeks at work! :shock:

having a lovely day off today. I'm off swimming in a minute and then I am going to wrap some presents up when i get home!

I'll update again when I've seen the midwife on the 14th.

Overall though, things are going very well.

9. Sarah W Baby Belly

Well I am finally at almost 34 weeks and I actually have some things to report!

Baby is still sleeping all night so I am getting loads of rest, but I am waking up about a dozen times to re-arrange myself, but going straight off to sleep again.

The most exciting bit is that I had my midwife appointment last night and discovered that the babies head is still down and she can feel 3/5 of his head sticking out of the pelvis. This was 4/5 last time so she is very pleased with his progress. Thank god he isn't breech.

He is also not laying back to back and I am going to work really hard to stop him from doing so as this can make labour much harder if he is in this position, so its kneeling on all fours for me over the next 6 weeks!

6 weeks! This is getting close!

I also got to hear the lovely heartbeat and my blood pressure was absolutely fine and I'm still not anaemic! yippeee! So that was nice

The other good thing that happened last night was that the DH had to help me put the Xmas tree up! :D he's not normally interested but he didn't have much choice and it was nice to see him trying to get interested. I am cooking him a special Xmas meal on saturday night and we are looking forward to that.

My NCT classes started last week and I learnt something new about the pelvic floor which I didn't know about. It turns out that the pelvic floor not only keeps everything tucked in it also helps the head to turn during labour, and flabby pelvic floor muscles don't work very well at turning baby's head, so thats somethng else to think about. The other night, The DH said, " I think we should both work on our pelvic floor muscles :lol: Bless him. :)

We have come to a decision that we are going to get a Maclaren newborn buggy instead of one of the heavy all-singing all-dancing models and I am sure it will be a lot easier to live with. We also have a super-heavy second hand three-wheeler that I can use for my daily walks.

The nursery is still no way near finished but we do have quite a bit of stuff and the DH knows exactly which bits we still need to buy so if bean comes early he knows which shops to go to and what to get, so I'll leave him to it.

The next NCT class is tonight, so we'll see what that brings!

Hopefully I will have plenty more to tell you about next week!

10. Sarah W Baby Belly

Well its just six weeks to go and we still haven't bought most of the important stuff :cry: :cry: :cry: we are useless parents already!

Anyway, here is my 34 weeks bump picture!

[​IMG]

11. Sarah W Baby Belly

Well I am 35 weeks tomorrow! :shock: yikes! Also, its my last day at work today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge relief. Home is definitely more comfortable now!

Still feeling OK. Obviously I've got the usual bending down problems and other physical obstacles. I've also got the million cushions in bed that separate me from the hubby, but apart from the usual stuff, I'm feeling OK. I did have an uncomfortable drive home from work the other day. He had his boney elbow, and his feet and his head all attacking me at once and he was laying on a nerve as well. I also had back-ache and it was a major relief to hit home turf!

Not as big as I thought I would be which is a relief as I have family over on Xmas Day and I am doing the cooking. WHY? :?: :evil: :evil: :evil: Going to keep it simple and the M.I.L is bringing the pudding. (pecan pie and cream, yum yum!)

I had another NCT ante-natal class last night which went well. All the other halves of the women managed to turn up which was very encouraging as it was the breast-feeding class and I thought some of them might be squeamish about the video bit but all went very well.

Surprisingly I don't feel as though we have been forced to do anything by the NCT. I thought we would all be encouraged to have a totally natural birth and that we would absolutely have to breast-feed etc, but they have been quite neutral about things. I thought it would be all hypnosis and accupuncture but they have been very honest and open about all aspects of birth and the drugs you might need at each stage.

We had a very strange foreign video to watch, and it was reasonably graphic and informative and answered quite a few of my questions. I've always got a lot of questions.

I got my xmas wrapping up done yesterday but I am still very aware that we have only got the wallpaper done in the nursery and nothing else. We don't have a cot yet or quite a few other bits and the fact that Sami has recently given birth has just added to my anxiety, Her and I were originally due at around the same time, and the same thing could very well happen to me. So as soon as boxing day is out of the way we will be out buying the remainder of the equipment that we need, just in case.

I've also ordered a waterproof sheet for the bed in case the unexpected happens.

I'm still sleeping well. My little bean still seems to be quiet at night and wednesday night I got 11 hours sleep (minus about 7 loo breaks of course). The sleep deprivation is really going to hit me very hard when he is born because I am definitely not used to it at all!

Next week I have three scan pictures to look at, as my sister-in-law and 2 of my best friends all have their first scans! Cute! Something to look forward to! 3 july babies! :D

I wil update again at 36 weeks with hopefully another bump picture!

Happy Christmas and a great new year everyone!

12. Sarah W Baby Belly

36 weeks

Had a very busy week this week.

Last week we had the breastfeeding class at the NCT and this week the DH heard the heartbeart for the first time at my midwife appointment which was very nice and it seemed to send a switch off in his head that we really are having a baby coming and we haven't stopped buying things since.

The most chaotic day was Thursday when we bought a cot bed and a car seat amongst other things all at the same time and I couldn't sleep because my head was spinning so much from all the decisions we had to make.

I have been very lucky with symptoms. I have had very little heartburn and he has made very little contact with my ribs. I've only had a bit of nerve pain and hardly any braxton hicks to speak of. I'm still sleeping all night and still swimming regularly, which must be doing me good.

We have got bags of stuff all over the house and I'm starting to get my labour bag together, and every time I mention it to the Dh he comes out in a cold sweat :lol: . He's more worried than I am, the poor thing, but he needn't think he is geting a puff on the gas and air. :D

Surprisingly, still no stretch marks. :?: :?: :?:. Mt skin has got about as much elasticity as a dried leaf so I am qute surprised at this.

I have been thinking this week that I have become very impressed with my body. It is coping very well with this pregnancy thing. With just four weeks to go i feel like I did at 20 weeks. Well apart from when we went baby shopping the other day and I walked a bit too quickly up the hill and got stitch and had to sit on the floor in the baby shop. They really should provide soft comfy chairs in these places.

i just hope my body copes as well during labour as it is at the moment.

Baby is still sleeping all night long, and I am hoping he stays like it. He's extremely laid back and I am predicting that I will go totally overdue. He's a little bit too comfy in there for my liking.

On monday we will start putting the nursery together and I am really looking forward to that.

Thanks for listening to my waffles :D

13. Sarah W Baby Belly

here is my 36 week bump taken last week. Haven't had the chance to get it on the computer as have been busy doing baby clothes and nursery stuff!

I am off for a swim now, and hope to update you all with my 37 week update later on.

[​IMG]

14. Sarah W Baby Belly

37 weeks!

Having mixed feelings, but we are a lot more ready with the nursery and the bits we need.

I had a very busy week last week. I washed all the baby clothes, which was lovely and made me feel more broody. I also cleaned out lots of cupboards to make room for the new arrival. We never quite got round to make the fitted wardrobe in the nursery so I have had to donate one of my wardrobes to him for now and all the baby grows are all lined up and ready to wear, We were advised not to buy many outfits. i feel really tight for not buying him many normal clothes but I am sure we will be very pleased that we didn't when we see how quickly he qrows!

The car seat is fitted and the cot is assembled. Just waiting for a changing unit and the monitor to arrive and he can then arrive when he likes! But not yet! Could do with another week or two to rest before the big life change!

My only physical change is that I am feeling breathless quite easily and starting to get more frequent indigestion and the gaviscon is flowing more freely now. Also my walking speed has slowed down to about half a mile an hour, and even at that speed I get cramps really quickly.

Saw the main midwife last week with my mum and baby is still in a good position apparently which is great. I also had a home visit on saturday to discuss my birth plan. I have chosen the birthing pool to be my first port of call but I am prepared to be fully flexible and won't be too shy to ask for an epidural if I need it. :D

Since last week we have also had two intensive ante-natal classes with the NCT. On thursday night we discussed how to be active and stay upright during labour and how the partner can massage you and encourage you to breathe.

On sunday we had a full day class, where we saw a birth video and also had a visit from a new mum and her baby which was very exciting and I think the DH was very intrigued by the nappy change and all the little things the baby did. He thought it was very cute when his little sock fell off :D We also discussed methods of pain relief and more about the birthing process.

I have just been for a swim and my body and mind feel a lot better for it. Physically I feel more flexible just by the swim. I would have struggled more in this pregnancy had I not been getting my regular exercise.

15. Sarah W Baby Belly

Here is my 38 week bump. Sorry it is so shiny. I'm obsessed with oils and creams and have started rubbing them in constantly. :roll:

I will update you all with my 38 week news tomorrow

[​IMG]

16. Sarah W Baby Belly

38 weeks!

:shock:

Well we are well into that "could come at any stage" time. Most of the january mums have all had their babies now so I am feeling lonely in the january club, so it is inevitable that the final stage has now arrived!

The nursery is finally ready to receive a baby but are we? I have never changed a nappy in my life and the DH hasn't even held a baby yet, so what a pair we are going to make! I feel sorry for the poor little mite already!

The reality is really starting to set in now and I am starting to comfort eat as the pressure builds up. I can't even be bothered to go for a swim today and probably won't.

I have definitely hit the point in pregnancy when I feel as if it has gone on too long. As you can see from my photo above, my bump has really grown in a big way and baby is starting to feel very heavy. I haven't been able to walk at any great speed since the start of the second trimester without getting cramp and the novelty of maternity clothes has definitely well and truely worn off! My belly may not look that big from the picture but it certainly feels like it! Having trouble fitting through gaps now and keep bumping into things.

Even though I am still daunted by being a mum, I must say that I am ready to close the pregnancy chapter and get on with the next one. I can't put it off forever!

My labour bag is complete. The house is ready, the car seat is fitted and the DH has fully read the instructions for the tens machine in case I do go into labour at home in the normal way. He has tested it on me and the sensation wasn't too bad, so we are waiting to use it for real now.

The ante-natal classes are all finished and its just the waiting game now.

I have just read in a book that I will be freaked out by pulling a baby grow over my babies head when he has just been born so I am now on the look out for a wrap-around type baby grow. Honestly! There is always something else on the list to buy! We just have to get a thermometer now and believe it or not, we still don't have the buggy! Couldn't decide, so haven't yet!

We are loonies really.

Off to look for wraparound baby grows now.! :roll:

See you again at 39 weeks!

17. Sarah W Baby Belly

39 weeks!

:shock:

I have really started to hit the stage where I want to go into labour. Just about everything is an effort and I feel like I have been pregnant for an eternity and want to move onto the next chapter. The next chapter scares me as well, but I can't put it off forever so I have reached the "lets get this over and done with and move on!"

Had another good midwife appointment and apparently baby is still in a great position for popping out.

After my toaster fire incident on friday :roll: , i feel as if the head has moved down further. I am wondering whether the running around like a loony has caused the head to become more engaged. It certainly feels like it. I haven't been able to walk much at all, all weekend.

We were finally able to do the tour of the maternity unit yesterday (the previous couple of weeks were either fully booked or just cancelled.)

Seeing the birthing pool has just strengthened my desire to have a water birth and I have given the DH the responsibility to push for it even if I have lost the ability for rational thought and speech :lol: I need to work out which CDs I am going to take with me to help things along. The midwife has expressed that they don't really like dolphin music :lol: . Well neither do I, so no worries there.

I bought a couple of cute winnie the pooh prints in town on thursday and just waiting for the DH to hang them up for me and then I might take the odd photo of the nursery now that it is coming together a bit more.

We still haven't bought our shopping buggy or the baby thermometer, so trying to bring on labour at the moment seems like madness. But what the hell bring it on. I can't cope with being pregnant and uncomfortable any more!

very very sick and tired of trying to accomodate my huge belly in clothes and have lost interest in all of my clothes that still fit.

Really should be doing naughty things with the DH to bring things on, but it all feels a bit crowded down there already with this great lump in my pelvis :oops: TMI

I still feel very well and I'm still getting lots of sleep and will probably go swimming tomorrow if all is normal. (As normal as it can be at this stage)

Hopefully photos of the nursery to follow soon.

18. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

ohh sarah... you really sound like you want this baby out now!!! i hope it happens naturally for you in the next few days.. have a curry!!!! wrap around baby grows and front fastening bibs.... next!!! they have baby grows that have poppers down the front and onto the legs... the bibs have front fastening velcro.... never having changed a baby i wouldn't know what is the best but these look fool proof!

Good luck - hope your waters go this week...

x

19. Sarah W Baby Belly

Thanks Hayley :)

I have just ordered some wraparound baby grows on the net. It looks like I didn't need to, as I just looked in my labour bag and it turns out that one of the baby grows I had packed has buttons down the front! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am completely clueless! :lol: . I feel really sorry for this baby already! :D

20. MummySian

MummySian Well-Known Member

aw Sarah, the waiting game is horrible isnt it.

I hope it happens soon for you, is good news about baby's position, that should help things along a little.

Sending you lots of labour vibes xx