Samuel slept right through!!!!!!

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
:dance:

He has always been very good at night but last night he excelled himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

such a good baby.

it makes up for not sleeping during the day

yippee!!!!!!

happy mothers day to me!

so i celebrated by having a cadburys creme egg in the bath! bliss!!!!!!

lol yay!

thats good Sarah, hope he keeps it up for you hun :)

xx

Hi Sarah....I was just going to make the same post!! Well done to Samuel!
Charlotte slept 10.30 until 6! then til 8.30!
They must know its our first special mothers day!
lets hope they keep it up!

thats really good sarah :D you can put up with a lot more during the day if they sleep all night. Mines was like that at first then started sleeping during the day too. Far too nosey, likes to know whats going on!

Congratulations Sarah - you and your O/H must be thrilled - I know we will be when Heidi does it!

Just a question - does Samuel still sleep in your room? We found that Heidi was getting too distracted by us and our dog(!) who sleeps on the bed and so we put her in her own room and she slept much better (not through the night - but better!) - just wondered what your doing on that front.

L x

HI

the last three nights kiara has slept before 12 am which is good (keep in mind it used to be 3-5 am ) .
Im glad you had a nights rets hope he keeps it up.
Lisa Kiara still sleeps in our room as well, lol our dog sleeps on our bed as well hes such a baby and Kiara does once she wakes up for her night feed.
Katrina

Does the baby sleep in your bed with the dog?? :shock:

Kim- No!!! Heidi has a moses basket!!! - blimey its bad enough with the dog in with us!! lol - and she actually gets in the bed!!! :roll:

Saulino - I bet you are left teetering on the edge of your bed with no room left for you!!!! :D - what type of dog have you got? I love dogs! ours was definately our first little baby! :)

L x

Samuel is still sleeping in with us. We have a lovely hanging crib next to the bed. Should last him longer than a moses basket would. We will keep him with us for as long as it works.

Samuel woke up at 4am this morning, right after the cat jumped on the bed and woke us up. :roll: We couldn't work out whether sam had woken up first and disturbed the cat or the other way round. so it was time for a feed. Good timing though as he then slept until 8am so I got a nice lay in. :D

I don't really wake up much to check on him but if I do he is right next to me with a little night light next to him so I can see him easily.

He does kick his covers off sometimes and it makes it easier to tuck him in again. He's not that bothered by a grow-bag. He prefers to be tucked in tight with sheets and blankets (like his dad used to apparently :D )

Samuel is having his one and only daytime sleep now and it doesn't tend to last long so I had better get some stuff done before he wakes up for his next feed (due about now)

Well done Samuel!

Ella has been sleeping well aswell - last night I didn't put her down til 10pm, the hours difference threw us out a bit (we didn't get up til 11am :shock: ) and she slept til near 8.30am this morning, I went in as soon as I heard her stirring as DH was going to work and it's nice for him to see her before he goes :D

That's great Sarah! Well done Samuel.

And welcome back Sarah, long time no see, girlie! :D

Sue

This is unbelievable really, but samuel is asleep again during the day!

My god! Its a miracle! I don't know what to do with myself and keep looking at him, waiting for him to wake up!

I don't know myself today!

This is the second sleep he has had today! Blimey!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hi Sue

Yes things are getting much better these days.

Today is my only day where I will be in all day.

Most days I am getting out and about to coffee mornings, shopping trips, mother and baby at the cinema, walks in the sunshine, loads of stuff really.

I am getting more brave every day.

Still haven't taken samuel to the supermarket on my own yet as I don't know how to strap the car seat to the trolley,or even which trolley to use! That will be my next project!

lisa31 said:
Kim- No!!! Heidi has a moses basket!!! - blimey its bad enough with the dog in with us!! lol - and she actually gets in the bed!!! :roll: L x

LOL I didn't mean you Lisa, I was asking Saulino as she said the dog and baby get in the bed?? :shock: :shock:

Hi

Kim My dog sleeps woth us the first part of the night then when Kiara comes in at around 4-5am he jumps off cuz hes real jelous, i wouldnt let him cuz he like sot roll in his sleep and wouldnt want her squished or to suffocate.

Lisa here is my dog hes a Lab x Border collie really smart .He will be 2 May 17

tattoo003.jpg

Saulino - she seems very cosy there indeed! :) - I posted one of my dog in the pets thread a few months ago now - shes a terrier cross.

Kim - ohhhhhh I see what you mean!!! - Wot are we like on here eh!?! :lol:

Sarah W - WOW you seem to be coping really well. I remember once reading a post you had written where you where panicking a bit about being a Mum - well I think you are doing really well - it sounds like things are working out for you and that you are a natural.

Me on the other hand is struggling. I dont know if I am expecting too much of Heidi - as its my first I dont really know what to expect I suppose. Tonight has been awful - it took from 7.30pm till now (nearly 12.00 to get her off to sleep - (she has had her feed inbetween!) She seems a very unhapy baby at the moment - I took her docs on Friday who didnt say much - he thinks its colic and I did a post on here and I agree with what the girls say - it does sound like wind. - but then some days / nights are ok - I dunno it just feels like Im doing a crap job of it to be honest :cry: - I dont know if she is too young for a routine - so am I wasting my time trying to put her upstairs in her moses basket when it comes to 7.00pm and had her last feed?

Just wish I knew what I was supposed to be doing..............its so frustrating and lack of sleep is not helping :cry: :?

Did Samual sleep alot in the day when he was a newborn? Heidi did. Actually she still does most of the time - its just the evenings she decides not to - but its not as if she is happy when she is awake..............- she is grizzly most of the time.

Hark at me moaning on - its just that Im sitting here not daring to go bed cos I just know she will wake up again - I feel like just sitting here and waiting for her to wake up. And theres a bloody spider in the bedroom :evil: lol.

L x

Lisa, Seren gets grizzly, has been today. I would definately keep with the bedtime routine. Some nights it doesn't seem to work but if you keep doing it again and again Heidi will soon recognise that these things mean bedtime and it will relax her. Sometimes Seren will fight her bedtime but this now gets less and less, yesterday it took a while to get her asleep but tonight although she was grizzling she fell asleep just after 8pm, by herself and it took 10 mins for her to do that. What I find helpful is not to take her downstairs when she is ready for bed, and to keep the lighting dim even if she appears wide awake. Can't help with the spider though lol.

You are doing a great job, and you are also a natural xxxxx

Awwwww thanks Beanie - I'm still sitting here!!! lol on spider and baby patrol :lol: :lol: :wall: :lol: :wall:

Yeah, I should stick with it - I just get soooo frustrated when she wont go sleep straight away - I get mad with myself cos I know she is too young to do that - but I need my sleep too!???!!!! :doh: I need to learn some patience I guess.

I just sent a PM to someone on here who I chat to cos I really feel like somedays I cant cope. Part of me wants to go docs about it, but then I have a good day and It all dont seem that bad....hard to know really I suppose. Can I still blame hormones!?!!

I think I was a bit Niave though - didnt think motherhood would be this hard.
:(
L x

Saulino - your dog has the same birthday as me... :shock:

:lol:

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member