Same Sh*t Different problems

Lulla Belle

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I left the forums about two months ago as I was feeing pretty stressed out wth constant symptom spotting.
Since then ive found out I dont ovulate Through BBT and progesterone tests!
My levels are ridiculously low, all though out my cycle.
The doctors wont help me out as im over weight on the BMI chart, Which I am... But not dramatically , Im 12s stone at 5.3, they want me to get down to 9 stone.... which is STUPID!
Even at a size 10 I was 11 stone, Ive got naturally big boobs and a big bum, so I always weigh more then I look.
I took soy last month hoping it would make something happen, But if anything it just made my temps lower? If thats possible ?
I was going to start on dong quai and angus castus again, as I think I had some positivy with it, although Im not sure as I wasnt temping at that time.

Do you know of any more things that could help me get my levels up? I have ordered progesterone cream hoping that will help
Thanks xx

p.s I am actively loosing weight too, Im another 4lb down this week ! YAY!

Hi hun, my progesterone levels are borderline, agnus castus is good and so is vitamin c 1000mg if you can tolerate it, I have to cut the tablets in half as they upset my tummy. I think evening primrose oil helps too. x

Okay, I have a load of angus castus and vit c! Ill order some evening of prim too! Im really hoping it'll bring my levels up enough to ovulate x

I would avoid soya as it messes with your hormone levels. I was very overweight and had hormonal imbalances - I gave up soya, eggs and dairy and lost weight and now am definitely ovulating. You are not very overweight now...about the same as me. Obviously it will help to lose weight but you may not have to lose that much. If your hormones are not right then you can also avoid the estrogens that are in plastics...don't use plastic bottles and cans etc. I also take an iron supplement that is very gentle on the body called Spatone, which is a mineral water, available from superdrug and boots. My fertility doctor said iron is really important.

Im vegan so unfortunately cutting out full soya from my diet, will leave me really hungry haha!
But I wont be using Soya isoflavones anymore. I wasn't having periods at all becuase of the depo and angus castus got it sorted again, I take quite a few vitamins but Ill defiantly get some more iron :)

That's really hard...if you get desperate, there are other beans and pulses. Too much estrogen puts the progesterone out of whack apparently. Good luck!

Progesterone cream won't help you ovulate. Something needs to be done early in the cycle to get the right hormones going. Agnus cactus is something I would have suggested as can regulate hormones. Also acupuncture might help, I had it, not for the same reasons but she did say she had women who weren't having periods and with treatment they started to ovulate and have periods again. I hope you find something that helps xx

Edit: something else that was mentioned to me that can help with ovulation is pregnenelone. That may not be spelt correctly but something like that x

Last edited:
If your BBT is very low you should get your thyroid function tested as a low morning temperature is one of the indicators for an underactive thyroid, you need to get TSH , Free T4 and Free T3 and Thyroid Antibodies. An underactive thyroid can stop you ovulating, also causes weight gain, thinning of hair , and a feeling of fatigue/ tiredness.

I've had all the tests done thyroid is fine, it's definitely low progesterone. :)

I'll definitely give acupuncture a go, I'll have to find someone here. :)

You will need something early in cycle to boost progesterone, don't use the cream as it can work as a contraceptive. I was using progesterone suppositries due to miscarriages and he was very clear that they should not be used until ovulation had 100% happened as it could prevent pregnancy.
Something like clomid is probably what you need but I am guessing they won't give that yet as they are unwilling to help at this point. I know someone who had very low progesterone results and she started taking the pregnenelone and boosted it massively. I couldn't take it as I have endometrioisis, might be worth looking into though.
Acupuncture is amazing and I think it helped me to get my bfp through IVF and plus I found it very relaxing xx

Brilliant I've just ordered some pregnenelone to see if that helps, I'll do some research Into how to take it now :) :)
Unfortunately the acupuncture is just too expensive for me at the moment. I'll have to get saving :)

Brilliant I've just ordered some pregnenelone to see if that helps, I'll do some research Into how to take it now :) :)
Unfortunately the acupuncture is just too expensive for me at the moment. I'll have to get saving :)

It can get expensive, hopefully the pregnenelone will help :) xx

One more question. Do you know the dosage I should be taking of pregnenelone? And when?
And do you know if I can take angus castus with it? Xx

I am not sure about those things as I didn't take it. Maybe Google pregnenelone and fertility and see if it has been discussed on any forums. I'm sure it must have been xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back