SA result, kind of...

Dee28

Reaction score
Hubby rang to get his SA results back and all the flippin receptionist would say is that no further action is required but he needs to give a second sample to be analysed. He's made an appointment with the GP to have a proper discussion about the results but thats not until 11th July. I'm assuming 'no action' means things are ok, is it normal to have a second test done does anyone know? xx

That's what my hubby got told but nothing was said about repeating the test. We've just assumed that no action needed meant it was all ok. It's not very helpfully really, they should of given a reason for needing a second test even if it was just to say it's protocol or something. I know receptionists aren't in a position to properly discuss results but leaving it like that can cause unnessasary worry. Did they tell him to make an appointment to discuss it with the doctor or was that his choice? x

I think it was his choice as he found it confusing they'd asked for the test to be repeated...hopefully it's all ok xx

Hey hon we've been asked to provide a second analysis 3 months after oh first as his sample was below normal x

If she's said nothing to worry about then maybe its ok, I would check though

Individual trusts may have different procedures? X

BabyDust *****

Hmm all very confusing, I'll be really cross if his result is on the low side and no action has been trotted off. Will see what the gp says at the follow up. Thanks girls xx

I'm sure if something was wrong they would of told him he needs to speak with the doctor. Try not to worry x

Is there anyway that you can get the results earlier?

Is it a fertility clinic or just general gp?

We are with the fertility clinic and the dr gave us some of the results re count over the phone? X

BabyDust *****

It's a general gp and any non emergency appointment means waiting weeks to see the same gp, it's the same for me with my blood tests. I'm going to assume its all ok and hope that we get our bfp before the appointment, trying very hard to be positive but oh its hard! Xx

It is hard when you don't know what's going on. I've got my fingers crossed so tight you won't need that appointment x

Hey hun. Ask them for a print out of results and you can look at them before july. My oh had to repeat his, I think cos one sample isnt a great reflection as one sample can vary alot from another so try not to worry. If there was any issues I am sure they would have said for your OH to make an appointment xx

Thanks lisey, hopefully that's the case. I will nag him to try to get more info/a print out but not sure he has the same desire for details as me! Xx

Men! Mine was like that but he knew I would nag him so he got the print out as soon as he could lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back