Rusks

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by Lulu_Laroo, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Lulu_Laroo

Lulu_Laroo Well-Known Member

I know they contain a lot of sugar, but does anyone still give their babies rusks? I keep getting older relatives telling me to give poppy a rusk. Do they do sugar-free ones?

2. Squeakz

Squeakz Well-Known Member

they do all sorts of varieties of them. we kept getting told to give j one but we waited till about 10 months and would give it as a treat instead of chocolate/biscuts at that point and only half at a time.......... now as hes getting older (15.5 months) we will give him bits of other foods like chocolates etc and not rusks anymore.....

anyway hope that was helpful! x

3. Lulu_Laroo

Lulu_Laroo Well-Known Member

4. tinytoes

tinytoes Well-Known Member

Im giving them to lily right now mixed with formula only because her dietician suggested them the odd time to help bulk her up . I give her the wholmeal sugar free ones x

5. Amy_J

Amy_J Well-Known Member

I gave my lo the sugar free rusks to knaw on when he was teething, i think it helped as it scratched the gums iykwim.....I also gave him rusks as breakfast with milk, but dont give them now.