rusk or ceral

mrz85

Reaction score
wud u say it s ok to give a 11 week old a bit of rusk or baby ceral x

Personally no , the earliest you should begin to wean is 17 weeks x

Guidelines can vary a bit , but I wouldn't them them risk or cereal so young . I started weaning early for medical reasons and I started with puréed fruit and veg What kind of formula are you feeding or are you bf ?

No. Their digestive system isnt able to manage food before 17 weeks. Can I ask why your considering it ? X

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Why are you wanting/thinking about rusk/cereal at 11 weeks hun?
The gut isn't mature enough to deal with solids,
If you ar seeing signs such as sucking fists it is LO beginning to explore the world generally
If LO is seeming more hungry they have probably hit a growth spurt and need more milk, this should settle down a bit as they settle after a growth and development spurt
:flower:

I weaned early under hv instruction because lo wouldn't drink milk but not that early I was told to feed just baby rice before 20 weeks then at 20 weeks added other foods however my son was underweight and not just hungry and it was under hv watchful eye.

It's funny how you will get different advise from health professionals . I weaned early as lily was underweight and was advised to start with puréed veg and avoid rice as its not great for an underdeveloped digestive system .

Just people have been suggesting it to me so got me thinking ??? 2 me she doesnt seem to drink alot of milk so :(( but I guess she must b 2 b gaing weight ,I know a lady who little one is 7 weeks and is on rusk :0

and I had a talk with HV and other half and we wont give her it till later on thnxs for response ladies

There's no way a seven week old baby should have rusks , they are full of sugar ! Is your baby hungry or was it suggested to you that you need a stronger formula ? Otherwise I would stay as you are for now .

Don't worry Hun if she is hungry she will let you know x

Just because other ppl.are stupid and giving their children rusk at 7 weeks, doesnt mean they are right.
If she is gaining weight and all is fine, there is no need to wean this early.
Rusks are full of sugar too, not good for a wee baby. All they need is milk at this stage. They do have a growth spurt which ppl mistake for need to wean but trust me, you will know when she is ready because she will be grabbing your food and eating it!

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Glad you've decided to hold off Hun. I'm surprised at people giving rusks at 7 weeks tbh. Of course you just want to do what is best or baby, but its no good for their insides too early x

thank ladies will NOT b giving anything but milk xx

thank ladies will NOT b giving anything but milk xx

I am sure hun she will let you know. Some people are just clueless really, and older generation used to wean early. Doesnt mean its right though. Xxx

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

my lg watched me eat for weeks before i started weaning at 21 weeks. when she started having full blown screaming fits stretching to reach for my food at mealtimes thats when i started giving her foods, few other signs are as obvious as that lol. they drink lots at growth spurts and tbh i think a lot of ppl give rusks in babys bottles just to try to make them sleep thru, thats not for the babys benefit, its just for the parent to get more sleep. theyre only little for a little while so i wouldnt rush to move on to the next stages, just enjoy them as they are :)

Last edited:
my lg watched me eat for weeks before i started weaning at 21 weeks. when she started having full blown screaming fits stretching to reach for my food at mealtimes thats when i started giving her foods, few other signs are as obvious as that lol. they drink lots at growth spurts and tbh i think a lot of ppl give rusks in babys bottles just to try to make them sleep thru, thats not for the babys benefit, its just for the parent to get more sleep. theyre only little for a little while so i wouldnt rush to move on to the next stages, just enjoy them as they are :)

LOL! That's the clearest indication that she was ready! Tilly watches me like 'WTF are you doing?!?' when I'm eating but isn't reaching or remotely interested yet, so I'm not going to give her anything until she shows signs. :)

It's true, the older generation gave food much younger than we are now advised to do. Good for you for holding off - wait til 17 weeks at the earliest. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back