Ruby Elisabeth 27/05/13

MrsHope

Reaction score
My birth story :)

Due date by scan 25/05
Due date by LMP 27/05

Started getting twinges on my due date. I had noticed a few days before that my painless BH were coming every 15 mins or so. Twinges were like period pains but when I woke up on Sunday 26/05 they had gone.

Pains returned on Sunday afternoon but were very sporadic and not frequent. However by 7pm they were becoming more frequent and painful. By 9:30pm I couldn't even sit in bed and watch TV. So got up, kept moving and let the hubby get some sleep. 11pm my plug came away and I had my bloody show and this was when it all started to kick off. I rang hospital and was advised to have a bath and paracetamol. I did and I eased the pain slightly. Was n the bath for over an hour. Contractions got worse so rang again just to let them know the situation but that I was going to try and stay at home for asking as possible. I took each hour as it came and at 7am my mum came round to help. She had me walking around to keep me going but by this point I was very tired I'd been awake 24hrs already. At 11am my husband rang the hospital and said I was coming in.

I was examined and was 4-5cm. Went on g&a and asked to use the pool if it was free and it was. Moved to the pool room and was in pool for about 3hrs. However it became uncomfortable as it wasn't really deep enough for me because I'm quite tall. G&a wasn't quite cutting so was examined and found to be 7cm! I was so frustrated and upset at this point. Felt like I couldn't do it. I asked for extra pain relief but couldn't decide what I wanted and dithered. Got out pool and had pethedine - never again - I went to sleep and only woke up for contractions. It slowed down my labour. I was out of it completely! For hours!

Eventually I was about 10cm and they broke my waters. They went every where and were green because she had done a poop. I was then and was told to push. I pushed for 2hrs with a horrid pain in my bum. I couldn't push anymore. 2 doctors were hanging around outside. I was told I needed an assisted delivery, which I agreed with- I couldn't get her out. My husband got anxious because he knew I didn't want to be cut to shreds but I told him it had to be done. They hooked up a drip to speed up the contractions and a nice doctor man attached the ventouse to her little head to help guide her out. They gave me local anaesthetic and episiotomy (cut to shreds- could feel the knife too!) and I pushed. After a few pushes her head came out (weird sensation) then a few more and she was fully out an screaming the place down. What a relief! Her cord was short so it was cut straight away and taken to be cleaned up whilst I delivered the placenta (not as bad as I thought) and then he stitched me up, legs still akimbo.

Ruby Elisabeth Hope arrived at 21:50pm 27/05/13 8lb 2oz

However we did receive some bad news the following day. Our little lady has two holes in her heart. One small, one moderate. We have been referred to the Freeman in Newcastle and are back there in three weeks for repeat scan etc. We are hopeful the holes will close as she grows but there is the possibility they will have to close the moderate one which will involve 2 weeks in hospital at some stage. But for now we are just enjoying every minute with her and treating her as a normal newborn. Please keep your fingers crossed for our little lady xxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Congratulations! Hope it all goes well for you with your little lady!

Congratulations again MrsHope...keeping everything crossed for Ruby. Please keep us updated xxx

Congrats MrsH!
My sis has a hole in her heart and she's a very loud vibrant 34 year old, try your best not to worry too much.
She's gorgeous xx

Awww hun!
Congratulations u did amazing!

Hope ur lil ruby has a speedy recovery with her heart and it mends itself!

Xxxxxxxx

Congrats and hope all goes well with your little lady xx

Congratulations and hope all goes smoothly for her xxx

tapatalking!!

Congratulations hun!!! you did great, hope you're recovering well and hope your little angel has a speedy recovery also. she is beautiful xxxxxx

Congrats and best wishes for a speedy recovery xxx

Congratulations I hope everything goes well, please keep us posted on her progress, shes beautiful xx

Congratulations, she's lovely :)

Hope you get good news about her heart xx

Tapatalking!

Congratulations! Another justification for my dislike of pethidine! Well done for making it through. Gorgeous baby.
Fx the heart sorts itself, the shunts usually close themselves at birth so fx that happens soon hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back