rubella... wtf?!

dollface79

Reaction score
I was looking through my green book today and came to the first blood results part. It said rubella detected!?!?!?!?? Why would they not tell me this? I have read it is very dangerous for pregnant ladies!!!

I would check it carefully does it mean immunity to rubella detected?

It will almost definitely mean they have detected you had the vaccine......don't worry :)

Yes, it definitely means that they detected immunity to rubella! Don't worry, it's exactly the result you'd expect if you've had the rubella vaccination :)

read exactly what it says, it should say something like rubella immunoglobulin/antibodies detected - which means you are immune. Trust me, you want it to say detected on there as that means your safe

Be worried if you turn up to your midwife and she says 'Despite the MMR vaccine you received, your are not immune to Rubella.' Imagine my shock!!! Lovely!

It just says rubella detected,, hiv negative, and everything else negative. Gah!

Hey Dollface, mine says exactly the same (rubella detected and everything else negative) except under the rubella it says something along the lines "small amounts detected, enough to be immune".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back