Rubbish Night - anxiety

entre

Reaction score
So I am a severe anxiety survivor. (Diagnosed, therapy, medication now nothing).

I'm so worried ita coming back.

Been crying all night about this silly film then about being a crap mother to my DD1.

Anyone else in my position?

Haven't had medication for over 6 months.

How are people coping with these hormones?

Hiya
I suffer with anxiety although I haven't actually been diagnosed or taken medication for it but I struggle with my worries and they tend to fester and I end up not being able to sleep and have conversations with myself over and over. When I first found out I was pregnant I was so upset with worry that I was close to going to see the Doctor to end the pregnancy even though we had planned a second baby I just didn't think I would be able to cope especially since my daughter is autistic...which I think my anxiety has gotten worse since she has been diagnosed! I am now 11 weeks pregnant and I think I have gotten this far by just forgetting about it (sounds daft) but it has only been in the last couple of weeks that I have not been as worried and im starting to feel excited...don't get my wrong I still have times where I feel the panic rising a bit but I tell myself you will be fine. I like a lot of reassurance (but my partner doesn't seem to understand this!)

If you are worried you could have a chat with your Doctor and ask for some advice on how to cope. Not sure if you are able to take any medication whilst pregnant?? It's difficult as well due to all the hormones so it's only natural to feel scared about a new baby as it's a big change especially when you already have other children to look after xx

I don't have anxiety so I can't give you a response based on that. However, pregnancy hormones are awful and can make you cry, stress, get angry at everything and sometimes over nothing.
Have you found any relaxation techniques that have helped in the past? If so I would try them.
Tbh though I would think what you're going through is completely normal for pregnancy. I've had days where I've felt guilty and had a little cry because my daughter won't be an only child anymore, and panicked wondering how I will cope etc. I've even cried because my partner had a bite out of my kit Kat haha. These worries will pass and you will get excited about baby coming. And once you are buying everything and getting everything ready you will be busy so won't have as much time to think about it.
But I would say if you find that you're struggling then you need to speak to your GP as they will be able to offer you support. Good luck Hun xx

I too sm a severe anxiety survivor. Med free for about 9 mobths, no therapy in about 6 months. The hormones have been short to driving me nuts to be honest. Did you ever do mindfulness in any of your therapy? Its a lifesaver being pregnant, honestly. Ive been doing loads of it when i feel anxious and its definitely helping. If you haven't def get some resources, its v good. Its so hard when youve had severe anxiety, normal anxiousness about being pregnant puts your body in overdrive and you automatically assume its the past anxiety. You have to allow yourself space to be anxious but keep in check that this is new and normal. This is not 'reverting' back. Its hard but its become like a mantra for me. Everytime i feel my heart rate going fast i have to say this is not a panic attack, i am pregnant, this is normal. Everytime i cant sleep because im worrying i have to think 'i am not having months on end of sleepless night, this is because of pregnancy worries' lol. It sounds daft but saying it to yourself makes it seems a little more believable.

If it becomes a problem i would def say to GP and midwife, esp if yove been to services before they are well versed in helping pregnant women. You wont be the first pregnant woman in that situation. Pull out all your old coping mechanisms that weren't meds. Mine were baths, mindfulness and meditation, deep breathing, reflexology and anything that day that could hold my attention for ten minutes. I talk over names or prams or decor for baby room when i feel my mind straying and panicking. Definitely say to whoever was your support network too, mum, friend, partner just anyone so they can help too. I really do understand the despairing feeling when you feel anxious and you suddenly think, this will be my life again. Its not. Just breathe and take a step back. Its just your brain was so used to dealing with anxiety that some of the residual 'panic' mode is still there, it is preparing because it had to for a long time for an anxiety or panic attack. In time it will diminish but its fairly recent and there is a natural flood of anxiety through pregnancy which your brain is just trying to interpret in the only way it knew how.

Remember small anxiety is normal, dont supress it but dont panic, allow it but control it. Write everything down or talk everything out even to yourself. You are the one in control now, remember that :) please message me if you need anything, youre not alone, i promise you, things are different now :)

I also have severe anxiety - diagnosed and medicated for over a year. Once I found out I was pregnant I quit taking my meds and even after a few days I noticed an enormous difference. Worried absolutely all the time about losing the baby, being a terrible mother, not being able to care for the child. I know exactly how you're feeling right now and what's been helping me is trying to go on with each day as usual (though a little healthier), as unhelpful as I'm sure that sounds. It keeps my mind off of it. Unfortunately no one around myself is understanding of it, so I'm alone in it for the most part. Hopefully it will get easier xx

thanks everyone, Yes I am appearing to have ''emotional'' moments. Today, Im fine!
I will put it down to being on and off with normal hormones.

I guess I have learnt how to control my thinking to an extent as I self taught my cure of anxiety.

Today is a good day and I will keep maintaining my sanity!!

To anyone else that is still suffering in pregnancy....

I self taught by changing the way i think and by watching Youtube videos! Literally.

I watched a very long film by Wayne Dyer - the change. (dont focus too much on religious parts if not religious).

I dare say that man saved my life!

Good luck to all anxiety mummies! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back