Royal Jelly question...

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by dollybop, Jul 30, 2013.

1. dollybop

dollybop Well-Known Member

Hiya ladies,

just a quickie question about royal jelly. I started taking it this month (can't remember the mg amount, think it was 1000 altogether as I've been taking 2 capsules a morning instead of the recommended 1 on the box) and basically I just wanted to know, am I right in thinking you take this UNTIL ovulation day then stop??? I did this this month but then I have read other people saying they took it throughout the whole month & i'm kinda wondering if I did stop & didn't need to would it still have the same affect on me? I know it takes 3 months to get into your system properly to be effective but for the first time this month I felt REALLY strong ovulation pains right on time with my positive opk & i'd never had this before. Hope this has a good effect as I've tried all sorts of vitamins/herbal remedies lol!

2. twixi

twixi Well-Known Member

Hi I take royal jelly too, I got my bfp first month in march taking it just one month, though it ended in mc in may.
    I have taken this cycle, I stopped on o day, I'm now 6dpo.
    I have 1000mg capsules and take one a day. I wonder about taking it all month too, but as I am paranoid I decided just to stop at ovulation! X

3. dollybop

dollybop Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your loss, I've read loads of positive things about royal jelly so decided to give it a shot for myself :) Gosh it works out pretty expensive though once you double up the dosage, the capsules i'm taking are about £16 for 30 so only got me up to OV before running out! I was too worried about going past O with these too but have read some people taking them all month long & even during their first trimester, it's just choosing what advice to go with! Think I may try all month next month, hopefully they are in the penny sale in Holland and Barrett lol ;)

4. twixi

twixi Well-Known Member

I bought mine of amazon, it's 100 1000mg capsules and I'm sure they were under £10. I think the brand name is Swanson xx

5. luratraloora

luratraloora Well-Known Member

Yes you are meant to stop as it has been known to cause cramping and potential risk of M/C if you use afterwards. Its better not to take the risk and stop when you O. :)