Rowan is here

HelenJ

Reaction score
Yesterday I gave birth to our son Rowan.

I would love to share my birth story with you and perhaps someone will find inspiration in this.

My real contractions started in the afternoon around 2 o'clock when I brought my daughter to bed for her naptime. The werearound 8mins apart but only 20-30seconds with each contractin.

I went to bed for nap at 14.45 and got up at 16.30 the contractions were about 6 minsapart by then and 30 seconds long.

Made dinner and getting more pain, every five mins contractions of 35seconds whilst eating around six.

Kids went in the bath at 19.45 and contractions were around every five mins and 40sec long.

When they were in bed at 20.00 and husband started timing the contractions. The were getting longer quick. A few four minutes apart and lasting from 50-65 seconds and then after fifteen minutes or so started coming at every 3-2,5 minutes lasting well over one minute.

My midwife arrived at my house at 20.30 and her assistant at 20.40. Checked me and I had 6cm of dilation.

She asked me if she should stay in my bedroom or wait downstairs until I got the urge to push. So I asked her to wait downstairs.

Around 21.45 I was having the urge to push so my husband asked her to come upstairs.

I was breathing the contractions away whilst sitting on all fours. It was pretty hefty but doable.

Giving birth was pretty hard because when his head was out at the widest part it went in (completely back in) three times.

Fourth time he came out including all the fluid since my waters had not broken until that moment.

Midwife gave him to me and I turned around to lie down and hold him. The placenta was born naturally 20minutes later and the cord wasn't cut until then.

I just want to tell my story because I know many people are not giving birth at home.

I did not use any medication of any kind and used gravity to my advantage instead of lying on my back.

I had no tear or any complications whatsoever. Baby was super alert, healthy and weighed 3900gr.

No idea if anyone is interested in this story but I thought it would be nice to share. (I will update it with a picture soon).

Love,
Helen.

Aww lovely story :) congratulations x

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That sounds like a perfect and calm birth. Well done to you and congratulations x

Thank you all for the lovely replies :)

What a lovely story. Sounds perfect. Enjoy your new baby xxx

What a lovely story. Sounds perfect. Enjoy your new baby xxx

Thank you so much :) my midwife was here today for check ups and she was so super happy too and thanked me for thiis lovely experience , very sweet of her :) enjoying my little man at the moment who is sleeping on my chest

lovely story - thanks for sharing and congratulations :)

Sounds brilliant. :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Amazing :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

What a gorgeous birth.story! Well done!! X

Still practicing on the new phone.....

Oh helen , wow sounded just perfect , well done you

Loving his name , it was on my earlier list , you enjoy your three children xx

Congratulations on your new little baby Helen. And what a wonderful birth! I have decided I want a home birth. Very exited by it but getting mixed reactions from friends and family as its so uncommon here. Anyway your experience sounds amazing :) xxx

Aww thank you so much everyone for the lovely replies.

@rednursie, I live in the netherlands and although it is more common to give birth at home here the tendency towards hospitals birth is growing rapidly. My midwife told me 40% of her clients give birth at home and she has a super high percentage of homebirths compaired to other midwife practises.

Please don't be put off by any friends, most people speak of things they dudn't even research. Just do whatever feels good to you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back