Routines

Hunnie

Reaction score
When did you start trying to get into one with LO??

Personally from about 14 weeks as thats when we moved him into his cot x

We let.her lead the way as she put herself (usually- not past day and night as think she's growing) in a 3-5hrly feeding schedule. I didn't want anything rigid as she's too little and bf which requires more flexibility but we added structure. So it'd EASY. Eat.Activity.Sleep.You which seems to leave het alert and contentedly active after food and a fairly good sleeper. If you search.for the link from littlrmiss. Bosgrove bunch I think that's the same and it seems s kind, flexible, rolling routine type. Thing of that's what you want. Also she doesnt have set bedtime yet etc.as monitor broke so currently back downstairs with us in the evenings until we all go to bed. Dunno if that's any help or just inane tired ramblings LOL x

I started jack in a ridgid routine at 6 months. It's taken just over a month but we now do the same thing at the same time every day but this has only been happening for around a week so it took a while and alot of perserverance!! x

Last edited:
I'm starting today at 7 weeks...I'l let u know how I get on :oooo: xx

We were very laid back with Grace in terms of a routine in that initially we let her tell us when she was tired or hungry. She was very all over the place with her feeds at first but as the weeks went on she gradually became more regular with her feeds. I would say up until she was about 10 weeks old we would just put her to bed when we went but then gradually we brought it forward to 9pm then 8pm and now it's about 7:30pm. Now we tend to bath her every other night and then the nights in between I give her a massage, this is all done with the lights down low and soft music on. Then we give her her last bottle in her nursery, again with dim lighting and the mobile on then it's straight down to bed. I really wouldn't worry about any strict routines yet, I remember being worried initally that I had no routine but babies can take a while to settle and I think the more laid back you are the better for baby as they sense it. Good luck and enjoy those early weeks they fly by! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back