Round ligament pain

Lucie12344

Reaction score
Hi, so I’m 18 weeks pregnant and the past couple of weeks I’ve had what feels like cramping / spasming pain in the left side of my groin / lower abdomen which I’ve put down to round ligament pain. The intense cramping goes after a minute or so but a dull ache still remains for a couple of hours.

I guess I’m just panicking as it’s only supposed to last a few seconds! Has anyone else been experiencing this? If so how did it affect you?

Going to ring the midwife in morning to see if it’s normal or not! Xx

I found all kinds of weird aches and pains are normal in pregnancy. RLP seems a bit different for everyone. x

It could also be ACNES, which is very very painful. I had it during the second and third trimester and found it excruciating. I could hardly breathe and was often close to driving to hospital due to the pain which felt like acute appendicitis.
I hope it's just RLP though!x

I think it is RLP, called the midwife yesterday and they said just take paracetamol and if it doesn’t go off in an hour to call back, but thankfully it had. Everything seems to be aggravating at the moment though! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back