Round ligament pain

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Lucie12344, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Lucie12344

Lucie12344 Active Member

Hi, so I’m 18 weeks pregnant and the past couple of weeks I’ve had what feels like cramping / spasming pain in the left side of my groin / lower abdomen which I’ve put down to round ligament pain. The intense cramping goes after a minute or so but a dull ache still remains for a couple of hours.

I guess I’m just panicking as it’s only supposed to last a few seconds! Has anyone else been experiencing this? If so how did it affect you?

Going to ring the midwife in morning to see if it’s normal or not! Xx

2. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Well-Known Member

I found all kinds of weird aches and pains are normal in pregnancy. RLP seems a bit different for everyone. x

3. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

It could also be ACNES, which is very very painful. I had it during the second and third trimester and found it excruciating. I could hardly breathe and was often close to driving to hospital due to the pain which felt like acute appendicitis.
    I hope it's just RLP though!x

4. Lucie12344

Lucie12344 Active Member

I think it is RLP, called the midwife yesterday and they said just take paracetamol and if it doesn’t go off in an hour to call back, but thankfully it had. Everything seems to be aggravating at the moment though! Xx