Round ligament pain, not pg

LouLou70

Reaction score
Hi, sorry, I know this place isn't really a general health board and is all about all things baby but not finding many answers elsewhere and seeing as pg women experience RLP I just wondered what your thoughts may be.
I'm not pg. Tests are all neg. I don't know if I am experiencing RLP, I know non pregnant women can experience this too. I have random twinges/mild shooting pains in lower stomach on right side, I also get sharp shooting pains in what feels to be near my cervix but also lower down. I also have lower back ache but don't know if that would be connected to RLP.
Has anyone here experienced RLP when not pg? If so, how did you resolve it? (if at all). Not sure whether I should see Dr in case an underlying issue is causing this. Thank you.

Id say its worth seeing a gp
Any unexplained pain is generally never good
Reason we get it is the expansion, so that wouldn't explain why you're getting it
You might need scanning incase there is something underlying?? Xxx

Thanks MrsS. I just don't want to waste the Drs time. I've already been once and he said to go back in two weeks and that was 10 ish days ago but I went yesterday but it was a trainee Dr that I saw and he wasn't helpful at all. Seemed to only address the other issue I'd gone to see him about. This has been going on on and off for around four weeks now but I guess I can give it till after my next af and then if pains are still there, go back. Been trying to ascertain whether the pains could be connected to ov but tbh it has been regular ish for last four weeks, about two weeks before my last af (which only lasted a day and very light & was only blood when I wiped which was also very strange).
The pains I woke up to this morning tho in the groin area were the worst yet. Will see how it goes, thanks for your reply x

Hey, thanks for taking the time to send me the link :) I looked through it but hardly any of the symptoms applied to me but definitely something to think about. Thanks x

I had all them pains few yrs ago. Ended up I had a 4cm ovarian cyst.
I would get checked by your doc. X

Ovarian cyst, forgot about that. Thanks for that. I suspected this a week or so ago but completely forgot. After googling the symptoms from those that have had this, I can totally relate to them. They also mention loss of appetite which is also me, for a month now. Is a struggle to eat anything. My Dr did mention this at my first aptmt.
I'm loathe to go Drs again because I've already been twice in two weeks. They might think I'm a hypochondriac! And the pains aren't there all the time, just every now and then. This morning when I woke up it was quite painful but usually the pain is mild x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back