room temperature

Gruntie2

Reaction score
i brought one of those grobag egg thermometer things from Toys r us the other day and am testing out the temperatures in our bedroom... i am a bit worried as i can't seem to get it to go down below 23 degrees.... I have the heating on at th emoment but its set to come on at 19 degrees... and we always have our bedroom window on the catch to air out the house..... don't know what to do to get it cooler for when our LO arrives so he/she can sleep with us in our room?? any ideas?

I wouldn't worry too much; my room and Gabs room are always at about 23 degrees and I am the same as you; have the heating set to come on at 19 degrees.

Once bubs comes along; just test the back of his/her neck and that will let you know if he/she is too hot/too cold and you can adjust clothing; blankets etc!

Good luck :hug:

Don't worry too much.

My first DD was born in the summer of 2003. For the first four months of her life the temperature in her bedroom never dropped below 27°c, and that was at night!

Adjust clothing accordingly, and make sure the door is open for plenty of air circulation.

:hug:

I want to come and live in your house! Our house is old and it is a real struggle to get it above 19 degrees :(

Anywhere between 16 and 25 is fine. You just have to put appropriate clothes and enought blanket on :)

can u not turn off the radiator in just that room? we did and alanas room feels cold but her egg says its perfect temp

we dont have radiators on in hannahs room

I have the same problem :lol: :lol: am obsessed by the egg, although it is always around 22, 23. Wish I hadnt bought the damn thing now LOL

Willows room is normally about 22 degrees anything below that just feels cold so i normally go by the feel of the room if it feels cold to me then i turn the heating on for a while but 19 degrees in my opionion is freezing some mornings when i get willow up her egg will say 21 degrees but her hands are freezing cold.

millie was born in june and the temp was never below 24 degrees- i was paranoid about her overheating and often she just slept in a babygrow and a cellular blanket and we had the window open. but in december i wouldnt leave window open as nite temps can really really drop.
just check the back of babys neck is not hot or sweaty, and cold hands are ok as long as theyre not like little ice-cubes.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back