Romilly Elise 18/1/12

Cazza

Reaction score
Well our 'little' miracle is finally here and I now understand the whirlwind of emotion and confusion that goes along with a new born in the first few days!!

So our section was booked for 18/1/12, we had a phone call 2 days before to say that we were on the afternoon list so to go in for midday. We duly arrived at midday to find the ward in utter chaos...........there were women on trollies in corridoors holding tiny babies, it was awful :shock:

We were shown to our bed and paperwork done and the surgeon came and introduced himself and laughed that he had to get on as he needed to leave by 5pm to collect his kids - we thought he was joking but oh no!!

So at 4.45pm, having seen no-one else, theatre staff arrive to collect me and they were gobsmacked to find me still dressed (no gown, no stockings etc etc) OH not in scrubs, no forms/charts available.

They were fab, in 10 mins I was changed and ready and we were off to theatre :lol:

Once there the anetheatist got to work putting in the Epidural and spinal block. Not a terribly nice experience particularly when he kept hitting a nerve which made my legs feel like they had been given an electric shock!! But again their sense of humour got us through!!

Also did not like the cathetar being put in...........ok couldn't feel it but ewwww to having 2 strangers fudging around were the sun don't shine!!

Was taken through to theatre to be introduced to what I would have assumed was a work experience boy about 14 years old...............nope this was the stand in surgeon as the other one really had gone home for 5pm!!!

So after that little shock everyone got to work, OH was settled in his seat (after making sure he couldn't see anything 'down there') and it all began.

I had requested to be kept informed of everything going on and they really did do that, I was put at ease straight away by all the staff present. Suddenly there was gush, major rummaging in my tummy and then this purple lump appeared from above the curtain screaming it's lungs out!!!

She'd arrived!! OH started crying and I just shook!!!

Romilly was whisked away (I think to save everyones ears!!) to be weighed and have mucous cleared. The midwife let out a laugh then announced she was 10lb 1oz!!!!:shock:

She ws then returned to OH for skin to skin whilst I was stitched up. As she was still screaming they gave her a bottle which the greedy little madam loved!!

I was finally able to hold her in recovery and it was lovley to spend time, just the three of us, having cuddles.

So stayed in hospital til the Friday getting to grips with being a mother and now home to organised chaos!!

Breaking the scales!!

SAM_0580.jpg

Here she is with a very emotional Daddy !!!

SAM_0583.jpg

Getting to grips with her first cuddly toy

SAM_0594.jpg

Ready to go home

SAM_0599.jpg

xxx

Last edited:
aww, shes gorgeous :) what a great name too, well done you! xx

What a gorgeous girl, her skin is perfect!!! :love: Congrats!!

gorgeous....what a big girl!!! she is a cutie xxx

She's beautifull, love her name congratulations Hun Xx

Congratulations to you both, wow what a weight, well done you!

I was so pleased when I saw her lovely name in the birth announcements , I had to read straightaway, as It was a name on my short list, and I have never heard of anyone using it - brilliant, sooo pretty

Enjoy your newborn stake loads of piccys, they change so fast, make sure you get a recording of that loud screem on your phone as they loose that newborn sound in the next few weeks

Last edited:
Awww bless, she's gorgeous congratulations xxxx

What a gorgeous girl :)
Glad you are all well. xx

Ah bless she is adorable and love the name. Wish you all the best for your little family x

Aah huge congrats Cazza, what a beaut! I know exactly what you mean about spinal block, I had the same experience and I was convinced I was going to be paralysed lol. She is precious. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back