Rock hard stomach all night!

Loubalouba

Reaction score
Hi has or does anyone get a really hard uncomfortable stomach overnight or for long periods? I kept having to get up last night to go to the toilet and when I stood up it felt like baby was trying to get out and taking over the whole of my abdomen, it was tight and hard and uncomfortable, it was better when I led down but disturbed me all night. I also had mild period pain and felt sick. This happened2 weeks ago also, is this braxton hicks? Should I ask my MW?

I had had a really busy day at work could I have over done it?

Thanks

Lou

Yes hun, sounds like BHs.

Mine get more and more uncomfortable the closer to due daye (did with my first too) as baby doesnt have a huge amount of space xx

I've have exactly the same, night and day. I assumed it was BH too.

A nice belly rub eases it for me (preferrably from OH, but if I have to do it myself it works too). Sometimes prodding the little one and encouraging him to move helps too.

I've been having this for a week or so, currently 33 weeks, only at night and I notice when I get up to go to the toilet but it stays hard all night. Asked mw who said its the effort of getting up which causes uterus to spasm!!! Not sure bout that but always back to normal in the morning!

I had this yesterday after a busy busy up and down day at work.

Baby was right up under my boobs and tum was rock hard. The more I relaxed and rested during the night the less intense it became. X

This sounds exactly like me - but mine is constantly like a rock, so I don't think it's BHs? I don't know what's normal!

Oh I am glad it's not just me! And it's weird it's only been at night and random nights and only when I get up to the toilet! I asked a midwife today and she said it was BH.

Kitty that must be so uncomfortable! I don't think there is a normal everyone's experience sound so different!

Does anyone else's baby stretch out their bottom so you get a big hard lump to the side and it feels quite uncomfortable ?

Lou

Oh I am glad it's not just me! And it's weird it's only been at night and random nights and only when I get up to the toilet! I asked a midwife today and she said it was BH.

Kitty that must be so uncomfortable! I don't think there is a normal everyone's experience sound so different!

Does anyone else's baby stretch out their bottom so you get a big hard lump to the side and it feels quite uncomfortable ?

Lou

This is her normal position - but less extreme than normal, because I've been walking around and she's dropped a little. She lives under my ribs - these are her feet/legs, on the other side opposite is bum (which has dropped briefly!), and head is down. Been like this for 6 weeks, all I want is for her to change position!

Probably sounds silly, but it just doesn't feel normal to have her in this position for so long. Everyone that has seen me isn't worried, but has said they've not seen it before! She has noticeably grown over the last couple of weeks and it's sooo painful
KjmuhAH.jpg

Last edited:
It does look odd HUN but maybe it's because there is not much space for her to change position and she has got snug there? My friend was all bump and her baby was breach for 11weeks and just never turned, when they tried to turn her it was very painful and she ended up having a c section. I just wonder if baby's sometimes get stuck into a position if there is lack of space for whatever reason? My baby has been in the same position the whole time I think!? I have never felt it turn.

It must be awful to be so uncomfortable constantly and not get any relief! I hope she does come soon HUN, at least you are almost full term so it's safe for her to come now! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back