Robbing scumbags!!

bumpmakes3

Reaction score
Had a bit of a dramatic event last night - I got pushed over and my bag stolen by a couple of lads. Tried to chase after them but was a bit shocked and my legs gave way - bah :( Lovely lady came to help me as I was getting a bit tearful. It was only 6pm and I'd just been to do a bit of shopping in town. Not what I was expecting my day to end up like.....

Anyhoo, I'm now cancelling bank cards and everything else which is nightmare enough but I've got a dentist appointment tonight (a big whopper) and I was looking forward to not having to pay for all of it by using my maternity card thingy but that was in my purse which got nicked :doh: Aaaargh.

Does anyone know what I need to do about getting a replacement one?

awww thats awful hun :hug:

as for the nhs card, maybe ring ur dentist, they may know what to do

AWWWWW mean TW*TS!!!! i would have been petrified! :hug:

im sure if u explain they will let u off and say bring in card at a later date?

That is so rubbish are you OK? :hug:

As for the dentist, when I went to mine a few weeks back they said they don't even ask for proof of the card (because it was before I had mine) - do you look pregnant? If so it's unlikely they will ask at all. If they do I'm sure you can tell them what happened and they will understand - it's not every day you have to go through something as traumatic as this.

Where do you live hun? Is this sort of thing normal? :think:

Aww thanks girls! I'll stick my tummy out a bit and give the dentist the sob story :D

Where do you live hun? Is this sort of thing normal?

I was shopping in Winsford which can be a bit rough but not at that time!! They were just kids so it was one of those "could've happened anywhere" things I guess. Beasts.

Thanks for all your advice and the sympathy though :hug:

:shock:

OMG how awful hope you and bubs are ok.

As for your maternity exemption card can you not try to ring the NHS office in Newcastle

Found a link
http://www.ppa.org.uk/ppa/matex.htm

There's a contact number down the page

Brilliant Emma thanks - just going through the phone system to see if they'll send me another one :D

Good luck!

I hope you manage to get it sorted.

Aww, got through really quick and the guy on the phone was lovely and said they'd just send another one out in 7-10 days. No problems. All that drama for nothing :oops:

Lovely DH is sorting out the bank cards now after I had a tizzy at him this morning so it's all good!

Thank you all again. Lovely to be able to come here and get all this fab advice so quickly :hug:

Aww that what we're here for. It is really nice knowing we can put our probs or worries on here and you get made to feel better in no time.

I'm glad you have got your card sorted out.

What a horrible thing to happen! I'm sure the dentist will be understnding (threaten to tell the papers if he isn't... heheheh).

I hope you get some of what was stolen back, I know it can often just get chucked and people do take the to police stations sometimes. I had a bag returned that was nicked from my car a few years ago.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thats terrible news i hope your ok.

I wouldnt worry about the dentist like Debecca said i too went at 5 weeks pregnant and just told them they didnt want proof.

aww hun thats a terrible thing to happen
really sorry
hope your feeling ok now
manda xx

Thanks everyone - you're all superstars :hug:

Just to demonstrate how my little preggy brain can get thing sout of eprspective I was doing my nut this morning about all the sorting out that needed to be done with cards etc... All sorted now. DH has just done all the banky things and there's nothing left to stress about. Just shows how a bit of drama can affect me at the moment. Ready for a snooze after a busy morning :sleep:

aww go have a little nap hun take the weight off yourself
oh and a nice cup of tea :)
manda xx

That is shocking. It's shocking for this to happen to anyone but to a pregnant woman is disgusting.

I'm really pleased you are ok though. Rest up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back