RMC appointment

lisey

Reaction score
I have just found out that my appointment is not til end of November, I know you have bloods on that appointment, then again 6 weeks later and then another month or so for results? Is this right? If so I just don't think I can wait that long before trying again, its hard enough knowing we can't try til after my laparoscopy which will prob be in November, just had enough of all these obstacles grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I would have been 12 weeks tomorrow and I feel so angry, frustrated and upset today and knowing I have to wait that long for the appointment is just adding to my emotions.
I know its a pointless rant but had to get it out xx

My appointment is on the 7th November, we have already had a lot of bloods taken already and are still actively trying but i still want to know why we have had losses and would like to know if there is anything we can do or take to help give us a succeccful pregnancy. I really hope to be pregnant before november but absolutely terrified of anything else going wrong at the same. Why do we have to wait so long to be seen, its just riduculous!!! I should be 16 weeks pregnant now and just feel angry that we have had to endure so much heartache already

Michelle x

I am guessing its just the next available appointment, I might ring and ask if there are any earlier appointments or cancellations. I would love to try in the meantime but I am worried of getting pregnant, not being seen by RMC cos of being pregnant and then miscarrying again and having to wait for the whole referral process again. This has happened with my laparoscopy and its frustrating to wait even longer. Its really hard to know that we are not trying and each month I will wonder if that was the month we could have made our baby.
I am with you on the anger, especially today. Its so unfair that we have to go through this :( x

Yes i phoned to see if there were any cancellations and nothing sooner. We were going to wait but like you said waiting each month and wondering if thst would of been the month we caught would drive me nuts. We have been trying for 14 months already and i dont want to waste any more months. Fx the next time we catch will be the lucky one.

Michelle x

Def ask about cancellations hun!

I am in central London so I was flexible about the hospital I could go to (I saw GP early November, appointment was early Jan and I had result appointment in early Mar)

Would it be an option for you to offer to travel a bit further for an earlier appointment?

I know waiting must seem so frustrating but its all for the greater good!

xxxxxxx

They just automatically referred me to St Marys, I think the RMC there is supposed to be fantastic so did want to go there but would definitely go somewhere else if I cld get seen sooner but I am guessing by the time I get an appointment to see a doctor and get referred somewhere else; it will prob be around the same time anyway :/ So from your first appointment to your results appointment was 2 months?
Do you think its best to hold off trying in the meantime? x

Mine was about 6 weeks after the loss. The tests were done within days - and my NHS region is notoriously rubbish. The bloods are day 1 and day 21 (basically 7DPO so for me, day 25)
They took around 7 bloods in the same sitting, about 4 days after the appt, way easier than it sounds, just little bits. I got the results within 2 weeks, all apart from the chromosome ones as they have to be cultivated. That was December but due to my work schedule (work a lot in London and live hours away) I literally only just managed the day 21 ones. That was more my doing though obviously.

Ps: my results appointment was in March but I called the consultants secretary repeatedly to get mine! I wasn't waiting! You can do that too xx

Hi Lisey

I had tests done last year after my 4th MC. My appointment was on 27th August at St Mary's (I saw Mr Rai), I then went back again in October for another blood test and then approximately 4 weeks after that for my results.

I have since had 3 more mc's and had an appointment on 23rd July where I was told that I might have a Septate Uterus but have to have a 3D Saline Scan to confirm that.

I know it is a long wait but I found it was worth it and am still getting possible answers. I am sorry you are going through this and I really hope that you do get answers from your tests xx

Thanks for all your help and advice ladies, don't know what I would do without this forum and I hope we all get our super sticky beans very soon. Good luck with saline scan leean, hope you get some answers xx

Last edited:
Thanks hon.

I know it is hard but try to be patient and it will all work out, you will see.

The RMC at St Mary's are one of the best and they will find something out in the end xx

Thanks leean, I am not the most patient person but I guess I have no choice. I have read that st marys is one of the best and that's prob why there is such a long wait for an appointment. I have read that for lots of people there isn't even an answer so I am prepared for that outcome too. I have just got to keep the hope that one day it will all work out x

Hey hun,
From what i've been told they do a lot of bloods, more 6 weeks later and a scan to check your uterus.

From first app to consultant appointment to discuss, i was told it will take around 4 months. It is a long time but the fear of miscarrying again stops me wanting to try until we have results.

Hope you're ok xxx

Hey hun,
From what i've been told they do a lot of bloods, more 6 weeks later and a scan to check your uterus.

From first app to consultant appointment to discuss, i was told it will take around 4 months. It is a long time but the fear of miscarrying again stops me wanting to try until we have results.

Hope you're ok xxx

Thanks hun,

I am doing ok today. How are you?

That's about the the time frame I had in mind. We are not trying until we know either as I am too worried about miscarrying again and also, if that did happen it is going to push all the appointments back even further and will make it take even longer x

Thanks hun,

That's about the the time frame I had in mind. We are not trying until we know either as I am too worried about miscarrying again and also, if that did happen it is going to push all the appointments back even further and will make it take even longer x

Glad you're ok :) i'm ok generally but still have bad days.

I thought it seemed ages but its already been 6 weeks so doesnt go as slowly as you first think. Comtemplating not tryin for a while but we'll see :) xxx

Thanks hun,

Glad you're ok :) i'm ok generally but still have bad days.

I thought it seemed ages but its already been 6 weeks so doesnt go as slowly as you first think. Comtemplating not tryin for a while but we'll see :) xxx

Yeah I am the same, good and bad days and few terrible ones too. I hope it goes quickly as I am so impatient and desperate to try again x

I hope your appointment hurries for you. My hospital must be really good to refer me straight away, i can't believe that.

I know it seems horrible having to wait but it can be a bit of a relief and maybe its what our bodies need for a little while. Personally, my relationship has really improved since we decided to wait (until dec/jan) ttc is so stressful, especially after a miscarriage xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back