Risk assessments in workplace

Smileygirl

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal is when it comes to risk assessments in the workplace? What happens if you feel vulnerable /at risk but the employer doesn't agree?

Care to share what the risk is?

Pretty sure they are obliged to do a risk assessment on you and you would be within your rights to not do anything you might consider a risk. What are they expecting you to do?
I've not been allowed to work alone (unless I ring a manager ever half hour to confirm I am still ok!), lift heavy items, work across the road in our annexe building or in other offices when we have to cover. x

I think it would depend on why you felt you were at risk. Do you have a HR dept? I only had the first risk assessment then we didn't bother but I can see in some jobs you would need it

I'm a nurse in a busy trauma unit I didn't have a risk assessment done but my boss basically said just do what I feel able, however when she's not around there's another senior nurse who will always ask me first to do the heavy jobs her favourite line about any pregnant person is your pregnant not sick, frustrates me to no end as she is morbidly obese and spends her day at the desk on the phone 'pretending' to sort out beds, to this point I haven't stopped doing anything but getting to the point where I'm so sore and tired that I'm not going to push myself anymore I'm exhausted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back