Riding on public transport when pregnant

babsi

Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... &t=TS_Home

The above article is very interesting to me as I live in Toronto and in my experience a lot of it is true. I can count the number of times on one hand the amount of times someone gave up a seat. I was even standing up 3 days overdue on the tram! What are other people's experiences with this?

Since having the baby, I always get a seat now and people are a lot more baby friendly than people friendly, when I am out a lot of people offer to help.

I had a bad experience on Valentine's evening, we were coming back on the tram and it was busy, the aisle wasn't the widest, so we were struggling a little with the pushchair and hit someone's Valentine's balloons which were taking up at least half the aisle and she said in a really horrible away about how we should have waited until she moved them out of the way, you can imagine I said something to her about being out with a baby etc etc and then she mumbled something which I couldn't hear. But on the whole it is very baby friendly when we go out with Kai.

I commuted during my last pregnancy and though on occasions I had to stand I was not offered a seat and I wasnt too bothered. I would hate to be thought of as a charity case by the anti pregnancy brigade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back