Rhys came early.....Yipee!!

Kerry

Reaction score
Sorry girls, been trying to find an opportunity to fill you all in since the big event on wednesday.

After trying the sex, pineapple, etc on the monday and tuesday, I was woken with a pain followed by my waters breaking at 4am on the wednesday morning - probably complete fluke though!! :wink:

I managed to grab a towel and make a dash to the bathroom where the contractions started straight away. I woke hubby who shot out of bed like a bullet, bless him. I was in no hurry to do anything but was keen to get up and start moving about as I was not going to let these contractions dissapear!! I got a pen and paper and started timing them and surprisingly they were only 3 mins appart. They weren't that painful though.

We decided to go downstairs where we washed up, tidied the lounge up, had a cup of tea etc whilst all the time these contractions were coming still at 2-3 minutes. I rang the duty midwife about 5.15am to say that I was in labour but not to panic as although the pains were close together I was expecting it to continue like this for some time. She said that as my waters had gone and apparently I sounded in pain on the phone :? that she would come out and just listen in to baby etc. When she said her name I was thrilled as she has a great reputation round here for being a great home birth advocate and a real 'natural'.

The midwife (plus 1 other) turned up just before six, she didn't want to examine me or anything and was just happy for me to plod along by myself. She felt my tummy and said that the contractions were good and that she wouldn't be going home.

My eldest woke up about 6am and although we were totally honest with him about what was happening he was still happy to go back to bed and go back to sleep, bless him.

The pains were still bearable and I was happy pottering about still and doing a few chores etc. The children woke up about 7.15am and came down to a house full of midwives, equipment, sheets on the floor etc but weren't phased at all we all had breakfast together and they watched cbeebies whilst mummy's contractions were building slightly!!

By half seven I asked Nick to call his Mum just to come and help get the kids dressed etc as it was getting too painful for me to do it now. She arrived about 7.45am and took the children upstairs to get them dressed.

About the same time the midwife said that my breathing had changed a bit and that she thought maybe now was a good time to get comfy on the floor leaning on my ball which was how I said I'd planned to deliver. I was a bit dispondant as I was still coping really well without any pain relief and didn't want to spend hours on the floor on my knees. As soon as I got on the floor the pains were incredible, I rocked slightly back and forward and after 2 contractions 'Rhys Stanley' was born (it was 8.03am)!! It was so surreal, totally amazing how my body just took over once I was in what was obviously a great position for me and the baby.

I sat back and caught my baby, he was perfect......and tiny at 7lb 8oz (other two were 8lb 9oz and 8lb 6oz), he latched on straight away and sucked away like a little trooper. We called the children down from upstairs who were still only half dressed!!

I had to have a few stitches (with the use of an early learning centre kids torch!!) as my tear from my second child had re-opened, so whilst I sat on the floor, feeding my baby and phoning family and friends the children were also sat there with us. The children then proceeded to help the midwife examine the placenta which they thought was brilliant!!

The whole experience was amazing and perfect in every way and I am welling up again now just typing about it (bloody hormones!!)!! Everything has been good since too, he has fed really well and my milk was in by day 3 so he was then a very contented little man. I am a little tired and sore around the edges but other than that I am still on cloud nine.

Lots of love to you all xxx

Congratulations Kerry,

it sounds like you had the most perfect home birth :lol:

Sarah x

Awwww what a fab story!!! :D So glad it went so well for you sweetie xxxx

* JEALOUS * u sound like u had such a great birth i must say i sat here reading ur birth story with a smile on my face i am so happy for u!!!!

and ur kids examining the placenta sounds like they were calm about the whole thing

Fantastic birth story Kerry, I am ordering one of those for next time :wink: . Congratulations and lots of love to you and your family on the birth of baby Rhys xxx :D

that sounds such a beautiful birth, i would love my second one to be like that! Reading that brought tears to my eyes lol it sounded so lovely and natural! Congratulations and well done :)

I'm welling up too...... congratulatiions!!!!!!
Wonderful birth story :D
Emilia xx

Hello

Congradulations , im glad your birth went well and its so nice taht you had your kids there as well.
Katrina

yaay congratulations :) glad things went how you wanted them to! x

congratulations hun what a lovely story glad all went so well for you :D
xxxxxxxxxx

lovely birth, congratulations, and welcome rhys!!

Sounds fantastic! Well done and welcome to your little one :)

aww kerry hun it sounds fab!!

im so pleased it went well for you

hope to speak to you soon hunnie

xxx

Kerry your labour and birth sound wonderful, I must still be high on hormones as it made me teary reading it!

Congratulations

Lucy

Congratulations Kerry

Sounds wonderful and I am so pleased for you and so nice for the kids to be part of such a special day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lovely to hear your news Kerry - and what a wonderful birth story - amazing!

Glad you are all well and looking forward to chatting with you soon

L x

Congratulations! what a fab birth story.

Wow Kerry sounds like the perfect birth!! :D

Well done & wheres the pics???!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back