Rhesus Negative

ukwahine

Reaction score
I'm o-, and have been worrying about the possible complications caused by this. Does anyone know what the risks are, and how I can find out if my baby (I'm 7wks pg) is in danger? I had a miscarriage about 8 years ago, but didn't know there was future ramifications...so I never went to the doctor. My 5 year old daughter is also Rh-, and I'm wondering if this is why it took so long for me to concieve successfully again? Is it possible that now I can only carry Rh- babies. I'd appreciate your input.
Love and Light
Ukwahine

Since you did not recieve medication after your miscarriage there could be complications if your blood mixes with the babys blood (only if the baby is +...If the baby is - then there is no harm)...Does this baby have the same father as your daughter?...If she is negative also then it is a good chance that the father is negative too...If my information is correct then if you are - and the father is + then the baby is passed on one of each a - and a + and the + outweighs the - so the baby would be +...I am O- and my son is + so I know for sure his dad is +...I am pregnant with my 2nd child but I am not too worried because I recieved the RhoGam during the pregnancy and after my son was born...And I will also recieve it both times this pregnancy...If your daughter,the miscarriage,and this pregnancy have the same father I would tell you not to worry...But here is a page with a lot of info on it...Hope this helps...
http://thebirthsource.homestead.com/rh.html

Thank you so much for that..I am rh- and DH is rh+, and the previous was from a different guy. The link you provided is very informative, so thank you again, I shall spend some time going over it in detail. Thanks for the reply!
Love and Light
ukwahine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back