Rhesus negative and scratch to bump

Gill09876

Reaction score
Hi

I am rhesus negative and just tonight have noticed the smallest scratches to bump probably caused by my work trousers starting to get too tight. They are a little sore to touch. I had two anti d injections in my previous pregnancy. Would I need the anti d injection now? My toddler also can lean on my bump but I haven't had any sharp jolts. Going to ring midwife just incase now. The little scratches are just near tummy button.

Thanks

Gill

I think you need to be vaginally bleeding to justify an anti d. I had two last week. You might want to ask your midwife to be sure xxx

No that couldnt cause a problem with antibodies as it is your own blood. The only concern is if the baby's blood gets into your system.

The baby and placenta has its own blood that will normally stay completely seperate. Sometimes though the blood can get accidentally get mixed with yours if there is a bleed from the placenta or during birth. If the baby has + blood type you can create antibodies to its blood. The anti d injection is to stop you making anitbodies. Once you have antibodies you will always have them and it can cause issues in future pregnancies.

No way. I feel onto my bump at 35 weeks I didn't bleed so no anti d. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back