reusable nappies

FranciscaC

Reaction score
Hi moms :)
A few months ago I bought diapers 'bambino miosolo'. It was a promotion and the package costing 60/70 was 20. As I wanted to use reusable diapers, did not think twice and bought it immediately. The truth is that at the beginning I liked a lot, they are very practical to use and washing. But now that my son is 10 months old, always has many leaks, there may never use night because wakes up all wet. I was disappointed, but I liked to continue with reusable diapers, but I'm afraid to take risks, because the investment is great!

What advise me?

I'm sorry for my english, i'm portuguese, and still try to improve.

tks

Are you in the UK? If so, many local councils offer trial kits where they loan you different brands and you can try them out to see what fits your baby best.

There is also a trial kit offer on Fill Your Pants website. You have to pay out £110 but you get £100 back as long as you return the nappies within in the time frame given. Lizzie's Real Nappies also offer a trial pack.

I think it depends how long you are expecting to continue using nappies. It will be worth the investment to buy some more if you think you'll get long enough use out of them, or if you are planning more children.

I can't offer you any advice about types of nappies as I'm yet to use any but the trial packs are certainly worth looking into before you commit to another brand.

They are pretty good nappies - it could be that you just need to boost them more now that your baby is bigger. Bamboo boosters are more absorbent so could try that before buying more nappies. There is a face book group. Cloth bum mums - fluffy advice and chat. You'll get lots of help if you post there. Xx

I have bought some reusable nappies and hope to make it a success. I found a nappy guru who held a nappy session for a few pregnant mums one evening and she talked us through the pros cons, how to wash them, and showed us all the different types. We could also order anything we liked directly from her, it was very helpful.

I've also bought a trial kit form tots bots that's half price if you put the code in which makes the nappies a very good price. They are as nice as the little lamb ones I've bought from the nappy guru.

I found the miosolo not bad at all. You probably do just need to boost. However, my favourite nappies are actually traditional terry squares. I find them far more reliable than any fitted nappy, and especially better than AIOs or pockets.
You ca also double them up at night (fold 2 together as one nappy) and with a wool cover instead of a PUL one, that has lasted mine for up to 15 hours. Never tried any longer though LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back