Reusable nappies OMG!!!

maria1976

Reaction score
Well last night decided to use the cotton bottoms nappy for the first time at night and OMG im going to get disposables for the night.

I awoke at 4am after changing Ruby at 2 to a grizzling baby, thought poor thing she is wet, then I realised the bed was soaking wet, she wanted feeding, she had done a poo and a lots of wee and decided to put her foot in it LOL.............All at once hahahahaha. And was i prepared??? Was i buggary. So im off out now in the rain to get some disposables again for he night, i give in :) xx

you might need to get a booster for the night..its an insert pad that you put in with the nappy..you can make your own if your any good at sewing..you can get terry towels from mothercare pretty cheap..cut them and then double them over sew up and shove in teh nappy for the night.. you could also use microfibre cloths (dish cloths) paradysso uses them as insets into pocket nappies..good luck.. im hoping that i manage to get away with no disposables. xx

lisa&alex said:
im hoping that i manage to get away with no disposables. xx

It can be done, I've haven't bought any for over a year.

It does take trial and error though, and we had quite a few episodes like the one you described Maria! :lol:

If her bed was wet, it's probably the wrap that's letting you down. That was the trickiest thing we found to get right. Was every bit of the nappy tucked in? Was it a CB wrap?

Only Motherease wraps worked for us in the end, and I can honestly say we haven't had a sinle escapee poo since (We had a few back-sprayers in the disposables! :puke: )

Good Luck Maria, hope you have a less eventful night tonight! :D

We haven't had any leakage with our washable nappies - he does drench them but the wrap stops anything coming out. Just bought 5 more nappies today in fact.

I wish I could put eefie in cotton nappies at night, they are the ONLY thing that keep him dry but he's too chunky for them with the booster in so I have to use disposables which will leak about 5 times out of 10 :(

We're using a variation of Bamboozles and love 'em!

have several differnt types.. so shall get back to you what i find the best at night lol..

i have heard that motherease one size with a booster and rikkis are the best though

We use tots bots wraps (with bamboozles + booster) at night and have had no major wetting episodes. VERY occasionally the wet might leak through just around the top of the legs to her sleepsuit but it has never been bad enough to go through to her grobag or bed. :D

I use bamboozles and a rikki wrap at night but also need a booster. They never leaked except when dad left the fleece sticking out of the back of the wrap :doh:

Hopefully when he starts walking and grows up instead of just outwards he'll fit back in them again as I loved using them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back