reusable nappies? boy fold??

lisa&alex

Reaction score
how do you put a liner onto a boy fold pre-fold anyone? i have fleese liners but poo is a lil loose for them i thought?? i have flushables to.. any info be great.. thanks

TBH, I never bothered much with liners before weaning as everything was too runny!

Poo doesn't seem to stain until they eat food anyway. If you don't want to store all the poo-ey nappies in the bucket, hold it under the flush in the loo to get rid of the worst before putting it into your pail. :)

If you did want to use throwaway liners though, they are probably big enough to tuck around the edges of the pre-fold (so it looks a bit like a sanitary towel if that makes sense?)

im thinking about cutting up an old fleese dressing gown.. and using it as liners. looked in mothercare and toys rus today and flushable liners r really expensive..dont really want to be spending anything extra on nappy accesories etc.. so might jsut re-cycle the old dressing gown shower off any poo and chuck in the pail.. seems reasonable idea.. will use the fleese liners i already have 1st to see how they go..:)

We've got a version of Bamboozles with a booster that I fold in half (they are kind of roundy oblong shape) and put at the front.

I think Lisa means liners rather than boosters? I always used to get them mixed up!

Lisa, I'm such a skeg I have been known to launder the paper liners, they wash and dry fine :lol: Dressing gown should be good though, maybe you could ask on Freecycle if anyone is giving away old fleece?

just tried him with 2 different types.. lol.. the pre-folds are a little to wide for him right now.. so will wait a little longer.. and the WAHM bambozal type i had made for me is to damn small.. the velcro is to long and rubs against his skin.. so thats gone.. pfft.. i have one size motherese upstairs but they are to bulky for him at mo.. will stick to newb disposables for a lil bit i think.. coz they are all a little big.. even tho some say from 8lb.. hes 8lb8..and they are to big.. thanks everyone.. think i will use the dressing gown as liners..seems the best idea..

Lisa, have you tried old fashioned terry squares?

You can use those, or even muslin squares on teeny bubs.

Must admit we started on sposies though :lol: If you do want to try I can drop some nappy nippas in the post for you, just say the word xxx

als mum just got us some more disposables.. didnt ask her for them.. so we now have about 70 newb nappys to get through.. so will use these up now till he outgrows them.. then i shall use the washables..

thanks tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back