Reusable/disposable nappies

ella

Reaction score
I was wondering could someone briefly explain to me how reusable work - I dont mean to sound thick I just have no idea about them, although I like the idea of using them.

Like for example what do you do when your baby has a bowel motion?

Does anyone use biodegradable disposables and find them good - im considering this option also??

Thanks

We are using reusable/washable ones. We're using a variation of Bamboozles (ours are from a company called lollipop).

They are made up of a plastic outer (wrap) which is the waterproofing bit.

The nappy bit is bamboo which feels like towelling and the inside is made of fleecy stuff which helps it dry quicker and is absorbant. This bit is nappy shaped and elasticated so is SO easy to change. There's also a booster which is just an extra bit of the material that goes in to help make the nappies a bit more absorbant.

To wash them we just bung them in the machine with a spoon of steriliser and wash on a normal cycle.

At the mo where his poo is very runny and soaks right in we're not using anything to catch the poo, just putting it all in the machine. When the poo gets more solid there are tissue like things (one way liners) that you put in that catch the poo and you just flush them away.

They're so easy to use and wash - if they were any effort we wouldn't use them.

for liners you can also use fleese liners that keep the wee away from the skin.. and harder poos can be tipped off the liner into the loo.. i would suggest useing liners anyways as the poo will stain the nappy..

Thanks for your replies they sound fairly idiot proof

lisa&alex said:
i would suggest useing liners anyways as the poo will stain the nappy..

...would be wonderful if the poo stayed on the liner and didn't go all over the nappy, no matter HOW tightly its done up!

I use fleece liners at the mo and these are working well just now (my DD is not on solids yet).

Valentine Xxx

ella,

You might also find these previous threads about reusable nappies useful.

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... le+nappies

I'm going great guns with them 3 1/2 months in (we started using them when DD was one month old) - we use tots bots bamboozles which I bought brand new (not used) from a local NCT sale (bargain!). I use tots bots and motherease wraps (prefer tots bots as they look prettier, but agree that Motherease hold in the wetness/poo better!).

Previous to that, we used eco-disposable, Natures Babies biodegradable nappies, which are available from big branches of Boots and the Co-op. We've never used Pampers/Huggies - Natures Babies are great, look good (not chemically and plasticy and hold in the pee and poo well). I think Asda also do a eco biodegradable nappy - but I've never tried these so I don't know how good they are.

Please read the previous threads (they are full of useful info about reusable nappies) and let us know if you've any other questions.

P.S. Lovely name! (Its my DD's name too!)

Valentine Xxx

Thanks so much - that information is brilliant :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back