Returning to work!

Glitterbug10

Reaction score
Hi, never posted on here before do hope I've got the right section to post this in!

I work for the NHS and currently work 30 hours a week

On my return I'm hoping to reduce these hours to just 20 as my hubby and I could then look after our little boy ourselves saving us money on childcare!

My boss wants a meeting to discuss this on Friday and I to tv know why I'm a little nervous!! She's a scary lady and I've a feeling she's going to refuse which I will be gutted about as love my job and need the money!! Also want to set a good example and keep my job!

:-( xxx

I also work for the nhs and cut my hours when i went back.
You might be surprised how nice they are about it. My bosses worked with me and asked me what days o wanted etc x

I think it depends a lot on where you work. I had a bit of a battle to start with as I was basically told I had to find someone to job share with!!! Like you can pull them out of thin air! Luckily another band 6 went on maternity leave a few months after me and she wanted part-time as well, so my boss was able to offer job share.

We had a document on our intranet about applying for flexible working - I guess you have something similar? Basically a form where you say what hours you'd like and what days (I think the more flexible you are on this the better) and the impact it'd have on where you work (I was able to say 'no impact' as we're such a massive department with a large staff). It makes it much more difficult for them to refuse.

Sometimes also it really pays to be very honest about how much you love your job. I approached my manager a couple of weeks ago to see about the possibility of a career break following my next maternity leave (none whatsoever, as it turns out!) and when I said what a real shame it was because I really loved my job, she actually came up with some other options.

Good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back