Returning to work help

Shepherdess

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Where can I find help with tax credits? All government websites I've seen want me to enter a load of information I don't have yet and I'm not sure where to turn

Before Lo I worked full time and in April in planning on returning and hoping to part time. My boss has been great and told me to work out what's best for me financially re tax credits and benefits but I'm struggling to find the info.

I remember years ago in a previous job a girl only worked two shifts as this meant she could get the maximum help and I remember "16 hours" being mentioned but I'm unsure whether she worked just over this or just under. I have the option of two or three days so 14 or 21 hours. I'd like to just work two but if there's some sort of extra financial help for working just over 16 hours is want to try and make it up to that.

Does this make sense? Basically is there a website that explains thins without the need to put in all the info? I don't know my hours or salary yet

Edited to add;

Please don't mark me down as a scrounger, I've worked full time since I was 18 and worked hours on our farm on top of this I just want to be able to spend as much time with my lg before she goes to school

Last edited:
Ring them... I was in the same position and they went through it all on the phone! xxx

I'm in same position. I think as long as you don't work more than 24h per week you'll qualify for working tax credits. Not sure how it works with your partners earnings etc.

I need to call them actually.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back