Retroverted uterus and not getting pregnant?

Snidy

Reaction score
Hello ladies!
So I have now been actively trying (BD on fertile days/tracking) for about 10 months now. Prior to this, I wasn’t tracking my cycle but still was not using protection for months prior with no pregnancy. I’ve been told by my GYN that my uterus is very tilted and told to try to lay on my stomach and lift my hips with pillows to help get pregnant. I haven’t been told that I have PCOS or endometriosis after scans and pelvic exams so all I can think of is the tilted uterus but then I read about it online with most websites saying that it shouldn’t even affect fertility?? I’m 24 and healthy, i exercise regularly. It’s difficult for me and very depressing at times to watch friends get pregnant easily while I question if I’m even able to get pregnant at this point. I conceived once, 3 years ago but miscarried after a week of finding out I was pregnant. I’m not sure why this is taking so long but can anyone relate and anyone have any tips on conceiving with a tilted uterus? I’d appreciate it!

Hey hun.
I can’t give you any advice on the tilted uterus but I didn’t want to read and run.
I am now on my 11th cycle of TTC and still waiting to see even a hint of a line on a test. All I can say is, it’s a tough journey, tougher than I ever imagined it would be but keep on going and you will get your little bundle of joy soon.
I am never going to give up until I get that.
I started my fertility testing last month, my OH has he’s this month.
Good luck hun x

Hi @Snidy, I also have a tilted uterus and my gynaecologist always told me it has absolutely no influence on fertility.
The only discomfort I had is when they wanted to do a US or scan, they have to do it more vaginally. And due to the fact that it was very tilted, you could barely see the foetus. But after a few months, it straigtened itself out since the baby takes so much space anyway.

I can only repeat what the ladies have already said. The ttc journey is sometimes much harder than you once thought. I wish you lots of luck and hope your stay in the ttc forum will be short!x

Thank you both for your replies. All I can do is continue high spirits and hope one of these days will be my day. I get in this depression phase every time my AF comes around and at my age now I am seeing so many friends becoming pregnant (one just recently from a one night stand) and I can’t even help feel down and jealous. I’m scheduling another Gyn appointment for some more reassurance/testing. Thanks ladies

I was watching a youtube video today about a lady who was speaking about conceiving her 3rd child and it was taking months and months. She then fell pregnant using OPK’s and tracking her cycle. She has the same tilted uterus you’ve mentioned. She said that each time she’s conceived one of her children (even this miscarriage before her rainbow baby) it has been from the “doggy style” sex position. Never gotten pregnant whilst having sex another way.

I’m not sure if maybe it was a coincidence but it can’t hurt to try if you don’t mind that position ❤️

I have a tilted uterus and so far I'm 2/2 with pregnancies. One unintended, carried to term, and one intended in the first month. Unfortunately, I miscarried. Third attempt now, we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back