results of scan

nattyv86

Reaction score
The scan i had today showed my right ovary is polysystic and let one seems clear.
is this good or bad news
i have to go to my doc in 2 weeks and have a hormone test
i have no idea what to expect from now on

The scan i had today showed my right ovary is polysystic and let one seems clear.
is this good or bad news
i have to go to my doc in 2 weeks and have a hormone test
i have no idea what to expect from now on

The hormone test will be a blood test. They will most likely check for PCOS as well?

They need to do these tests at a certain point in your cycle though.

I have been told that my left ovary could be polycystic BUT I'd been scanned at the wrong time in my cycle for them to know for sure... I was due to be rescanned today but they canclled GRRRR...

Not sure what it means exactly though? I think you can have polycystic ovaries without having actual PCOS? :shock:

xxxxxxxx

yep its quite common to have cysts on ovaries (PCO). Not everyone with PCO has the syndrome (PCOS).

but even if your hormone levels come back all dodgy, and you find out you have got PCOS dont let it worry you fertility wise.

I have PCOS and we had been NTNP for about a year. But last month was the first month we used OPK's and other stuff and look at me now....... PREGNANT! Add to that I am 35 in 2 months, according to my doctor I really wasnt supposed to get prenant without medical intervention.

haha twos up to the doctors after years of being told I may never have a baby. x

congratulations hun :) i cant imagine how u must be feeling, hapy as larry i should think lol.
i have to go to the docs for results but i dont no what to expect of him . as to what to do next

Well what happens next will all depend on what your blood tests reveal.
I have PCOS and have the ability to get pregnant.
Like Lynds says it PCOS does not mean infertility!
It all depends what your other associated problems are?
Do you have a regular cycle?
There are a lot of good medications out there now, and also some herbal options that can help.
Don't worry whatever the outcome there are ways to deal with them :D xxx

Agree with what others have said, try not to worry as the GP will tell you more when you go to see them. If you're unsure, ask questions. :)

Hope you get sorted soon. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back