Resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahmc89

Reaction score
:dust: issue has been resolved. Awaiting moderator closing thread.:dust:

Last edited:
Sarah, don't let it bother you.. It sounds like it was a genuine question and how were you supposed to know!?.. I probably would have asked the same thing.. I also bite my tongue a lot.. some of things i read make me want to bang my head against a wall!

The internet is full of 'keyboard trolls' and they will all jump on the bandwagon so don't let it bother you xxx

Last edited:
It's really hard not to though. I always thought of myself as someone who was caring. It's really doing nothing for my mood anymore. I have literally sat in tears since reading what they had to say about me.

I have family who have gone through infant loss and I know how horrific it can be even years later, so I'd never ever EVER want someone to relive that again. It makes me feel sick.

I saw that post. I didn't think you was being insensitive. You said you don't mean any harm. I don't understand why they would react like that? I mean having a miscarriage is awful as I well know, but if i forgot to update my ticker and someone asked me about it, i wouldn't be offended by it :/ ugh.
Don't let them upset you.

Last edited:
Aw bless you hun I read your post on that original thread and it came across to me that you were just sensitively pointing out that she still had an old ticker on, as maybe she hadn't realised. I didn't think you meant anything nasty at all by it I thought you mentioned it very sensitively. I hope you're okay xx

Just read it too, you were not rude at all.. that women was the rude one!! I had to comment, that irritated me! xx

Thank you everyone. I reported the user to the moderator, but I doubt anything will be done. Still can't help but let it get to me. I'm sorry.

Thank you again though. It does mean a lot.

I am one of the ones that said it was insensitive. Only because to me it was obvious why she had a ticker but was asking about ttc. I have had 4 miscarriages and any reminder of them would upset me.
I wasn't attacking you though so I really hope you don't think I was. Like i said it is easy to interpret things the wrong way, esp when we are full of hormones.
It is likely this thread will get closed as the moderators don't like new threads made about other members etc.
I do hope you're OK Sarah. Not nice to think of anyone being upset xx

Last edited:
I don't think it was obvious at all. You can get a lot of trolls on forums. But it is a matter of opinion. I did feel attacked, mainly by Blisa as she began what felt like a witch hunt. If this post gets closed down so be it, I will make sure that Blisa's posts are removed/post deleted also if this is the case.

I guess because I have been on here along time and seen lots of posts from Selina, I know she is not a troll so I would know why she was asking about ttc whilst still having a ticker.
I didn't attack you, I said I found the comment insensitive which is very different to attacking you personally. There will always be conflicting opinions on forums. To me it was obvious and maybe to others it's not but that's life I guess.

I wouldn't worry or take it to heart Sarah, ironically the person who seemed least bothered was Selina herself! It was an innocent question, I have to admit that I had put 2 and 2 together and figured she'd suffered a loss but with all the trolling and stupid posts that wind up there I don't think anyone would blame you for being a little suspicious.. it's done now don't let it affect you sweet it's really not worth it! xx

Thank you. I know it seemed like Blisa was trying to make her more upset by making it out I was being malicious. Guess I'm dumb for not putting 2and 2 together. But I have apologised to Selina, and she has accepted the apology so that side of it, the side that mattered to the OP, is sorted at least.

Thank you ladies though.

It was a simple question from you, OP wasn't offended and just clarified the situation. Blisa waded in, stirred it up and probably sat back loving the drama. Her reaction was uncalled for and seemed really quite aggressive! Hope you are ok, don't let it get to you xx

So over in 'Am I pregnant' a woman was posting about a pregnancy test result but her ticker said that she was 29 weeks pregnant. Now I've been on this forum A LONG time, so I know people don't always look or take to do with their tickers/signatures at all. Fair enough. But it was really confusing me. I will always ask if something is bothering me. And in my question/post I even said I'm sorry if this is a genuine oversight or from a loss etc. Meaning no harm what so ever. To then be personally attacked to the point where people were calling me rude and insensitive.

I have never before come across more rude and disgusting people in my life. They were saying they were going to delete their account. In my opinion. Good riddance to them.

From now on I will be keeping zipped. I already bite my tongue heavily at some stuff posted over there as it is.

I am so so angry right now it's unreal!

/rant

P.S I apologised to the OP of the thread.

You know, I saw that thread and I was confused myself. I was so close to asking her that question too because it was very confusing. But I think someone called me on the phone or something and I got distracted and never got back to asking her. So don't feel bad, I almost asked her too. It's a natural thing to wonder about, you did nothing wrong.
:hugs:

Sarah, I've read the thread and feel really sad over how you were pounced on by those forum members. I'm really sorry you got what was probably their emotions being taken out on the wrong person. Hope you're ok lovely xx

Hun, I saw a couple of things you wrote on the SS thread about how you're feeling personally and that you're thinking of leaving the forum.

Do you think you could be catastrophising a bit or blowing things a bit out of proportion because you're already feeling a bit fragile?

I think her response to your question was harsh and a bit OTT myself but do you really think it was bad enough to leave over or post a thread like this, possibly adding fuel to the fire.

I've been on this forum for years and there's people I haven't looked or got on with. There's people on here ATM who just piss me off, so I just avoid them. Just don't speak to her and try not to let this get to you, it's not worth stressing yourself over.

XX

I think you could be right that I was a tad over reacting it just did add fuel to the fire with how down I was feeling. I know it's hard to come by support in reality with the people around me, and I'm so thankful for the support here that I probably will stay. I feel I want to be here for other women too. Its just how it made me feel in the heat of the moment.

So this is a totally separate thread you've made and again you say I started a 'witch hunt' when I was just expressing my opinion! I never once said anything personal about you not once! And this lady who's post it was, she actually was affected by what you said! I never ever said what I did to start off this kind of attack on me! I did not go through all the months of bloody heartache for this, also below you will see a private message from yourself! Which quite literally reduced me to tears how awful! You know what I am so very sorry if what I said has hurt you this much but I truly do not think it deserved this message titled 'idiot woman' .. as other ladies have said about hormones flying everywhere maybe things I've said are OTT I just seen what you said as negative.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161030-020359.jpg
    Screenshot_20161030-020359.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 71
Can someone please instruct me on how delete my account? I really can't find how to do it. Thank you

I've lost 5 babies and have put up tickers before and forgotten to take them down and hadn't noticed until I was pregnant again, personally I wouldn't have felt you were being insensitive just asking a question. I havent read the thread just giving my opinion based on what you've written

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back