Remind me never to weigh myself again

Olive

Reaction score
:shock: I feel embarrassed at how heavy I am :(

Aw :hug:

On the positive side, you are unlikely to be any heavier very soon. And when baby comes out you'll be a whole lot lighter. :)

You have my sympathy, I feel exactly the same. I'm not getting on the scales any more, I just cant control my eating!

Thanks hun. Of course he's worth it all and more I'm just so ashamed of myself! I've practically put on 3st or there abouts. X

I will have put that on by the end of it too :hug: I've already put 2 stone on.

Your little man will be more than worth it I'm sure :D And when he is here you will be busy looking after him and showing him off and that will help with the weight loss.

I'm going to attempt to breastfeed as we;ll in the hope that the weight will simply drop off me afterwards. :lol:

Step away from the scales!!

However I am tempted to weigh myself at the hospital while in labour if I can and then a few days after to see the difference? :/

:hugs: sorry hun, weight gain is one of the hard things to take but your little man will be with you before you know it and bet you will be really surprised with how much you go down after the birth. you are planning on BF too arent you? they say that makes a huge difference :) xx

Thanks ladies. Yeah nurse have every intention of bf so hope I can :hug: I wasn't going to weigh myself til d day but couldn't resist! X

:shock: I feel embarrassed at how heavy I am :(

I feel exactly the same... Am totally embarrassed at the amount of weight I have gained and how fat i am now. :( I was weighing myself daily until just before Christmas when I actually broke the scales... :(. Was hoping it was just a new battery that was needed, but no, this great elephant has actually broken the things beyond all repair! :(. So no idea how much more weight I have put on since Christmas.

People keep telling me not to worry as my body is doing a marvellous thing creating new life and that I am meant to be big and fat at this stage. Your body is supposed to lay down fat stores for breastfeeding apparently. Not sure it really helps, but on the positive side, not so far to go now until we can do something about it and (hopefully) get back to a size we are happier with. :) xx

i've put on loads too...last time i wieghed myself i was up 2 and a half stone...hoping i don't put on too much more as it'll make me the heaviest in the house! (not impressed considering my brother is 14stone 12!) I know it sounds ridiculous though...i really enjoy losing weight and seeing the difference...really cannot wait to start getting fit again! :)

I've put on over 2 stone but loads comes off as soon as you lose the water, give birth and the extra 50% blood volume disappears. BF uses 500 calories a day from what I've read and it helps tighten the muscles again. I'm not stressing about it yet lol but am sure I will at some point xxxxxxxx

I too have ballooned. I have already put on 3 stone but i can't control what i eat so just going to have to deal with it after bubs has arrived. As ppl said once water retention, bump and with bf hopefully it won't be quite the challenge i think it will be

It doesn't make us feel any better now though does it! x

I have put on 3.5 stone LOL not happy about it but not be long now till we can all do something about it - I have started planning my healthy eating already so at least I feel I am being proactive :)

With dd I gained 5stone!!! With this one so far just over 2.5 stone.

I can't wait to get back on slimming world tbh!

With J i gained 4st!! :\

Only gained 1 1/2 stone so far this time, still 5 weeks left of gaining to do though lol xx

Feel so much better after reading your posts. Thank you xx

I've gained over 2 stone as well!

But as everyone else has said as hard it maybe to take (especially because I am now heavier than DH lol) it's all for a good cause and you do lose quite a bit with baby, placenta and water etc!

Plus BFeeding really helps! I've just decided that if it has taken me 9 months to put the weight on, it'll take 9 months to get it off so that I don't put undue pressure on myself to be skinny a month later lol!

I've gained about two and I've still got 10 weeks left :( gonna be huge!!! X

wow i still dont feel like ive put on much at all, cant really seem to eat properly. i.e today i had a sandwich and 2 galaxy ripples, and 4 sugared almonds. thats it so far. is it really bad that im not eating much? is that actually a really small amount cos i dont think its too bad, i just know its on the light side lol.
im glad the battery ran out in my scales long before i got preg so i cant weigh myself and compare lol. i know i was hovering between 20 and 21 stone before getting preg......

Gained just over 3stone here also, don't feel so bad about it now after reading all your posts and seeing I'm not alone in the weight gain lol xx

Don't worry about your weight ladies! We're carrying mini humans :D

I weighed myself first time at 28 weeks and expected to of put more on actually. Still see where you're coming from though, not nice to see bigger numbers on the scales. But it's all 100% worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back